V8 S13

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
ImportArtist
Car: Rolling s13 shell stock crackless dash. daytona blue
engine bay with cheapo depo 17" wheels.
Her name is cindy and she likes displacement so a v8 is what shes gonna get

My name is chris and i live in Tn i own and operate a small tint shop here in town and i am in dire need of a shop car.
I understand that a v8 s13 has nothing to do with tint or accessories but it will draw attention. All that being said i have purchased a good painted rolling chassis with interior for 400$ been doing some research and i am thinking of an LR4? i belive this is correct i dont speak v8 yet and im still not sure of trans i want to be straight shift for sure, also it will be my daily so no boost or anything crazy.I do have some one that is a very well respected mechanic in my corner he will assist me along the way. I can not find a writeup of any kind or a parts list for that matter. I did find a hinson kit for 8 or 900 bucks. is this the way to go or is there a better way. Wiring is gonna be an issue for me just because of limited knowledge, I can follow directions very good though. im not asking for it to be handed to me i just ask some one point me in the right direction please thanks again for any help .

speedeast
Car: 1990 240sx VH45 FB & 1993 300zx

I'm sure there are several members that would be willing to offer assistance and advice, but we're going to need more information.

First off, LR4 is a newer model GM truck V8. LS4 is in the late model Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, GXP, etc. LS4 is also a name that was coined for the 454 big block they made in the 70s. There's also an LQ4, which is a 6.0L version of the LS1 that GM made for their trucks.

So, which engine is it you plan on using?

There will be more support for a LS1 or LS2 swap. There is also the VH45 route (my route) which has become increasingly easier with the new support here in the US. I am starting to make parts for this swap, another company here in florida makes swap parts, and a company I associate with in Wisconsin also makes swap parts.

I'm willing to help out as best I can, just keep us informed.

ImportArtist

Thanks so much man im guessing that a SBC motor is gonna be the way i go for this first one. 350 out of a k5 blazer or a camaro.I am wondering if i still need to buy the hinson or sikky kit. and still not sure what carborator i will go with

Dwolf
Car: 88 foxbody mustang
302 240sx soon

hey what part of TN im in nashville and im lookin to do somethin similar. (v8 240) maybe we can help each other out at somepoint

ImportArtist

Hey sweet deal man im in chattanooga and i have a mass amount of s13 coupe parts I own a 91 coupe se shell it was a ka24de at one point made 576 on pump gas i saw the dyno sheet. i bought it as a shell though. im good as far as mounting its the wiring im having a deal with i need to find out if i can pass emmissions. hit me up my name is chris and i own my own tint shop here in east ridge.

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

okay cool. the wiring im not to worried about im more worried about the drive shaft and fuel pump and the small stuff
so far it sounds like a easy swap but i want to have everything 100% down so i run into as few surprizes as possible.. i want this to be daily drive able.. another thing im worried about is traction. i had issues with that in the foxbody and i know it will be worse in the 240. i really need a s14 with suspension and all that
dont have to be aftermarket is a nice body..

ImportArtist

Right on man you have emmissions up there and how you gonna pass. and my last question is wiring with a carb i know the F.I. system is out so.......

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

im doing EFI and i register my cars out in BFE so i dont do emissions... its cheaper and funner

ImportArtist

Right on and i mis read your last post im going with the sikky kit for the drive shaft and mounts gotta get some lines made and little odds and ends. But any thing else im going to fabricate myself. :gotme

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

what do u mean sikky kit?

ImportArtist

Sikky.com its a company that specializes in wap parts and custom stuff i heard its way better quality than hinson but its 1,750$ before shipping and all the other goodies

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

i forgot to mention im going with a 302 for verious reasons..

ImportArtist

I belive they make a kit for that too but why!?
i mean dont take this the wrong way but for isnt really know for there reliability

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

302 is lighter. and is more known for its performance than 350s i think.. plus i already have a 350-400hp 302 from my foxbody

ImportArtist

O well then thats a good reason you just saved like 1500 bucks off to a good start

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

i put about 3-4k into the motor. ford racing flat tops e303 cam gt40p heads worked at a shop. apr studs everything professionaly assembled to ensure it wont go boom. only thing stock on it is the lower intake and pentulum. and i been waiting to decide if i was going to turbo supercharge or spray the motor before i bought that. so its going to be sick as f*** when i finish this.. im hoping to have it done for I.A

ImportArtist

sweet deal man but IA is what we all prep 4 i have tried to get 3 cars ready in the same week and it didnt work out.

240roadrace
Car: 90 240sx with DE swap, track car

I am wondering about V8 swap also. I was told the 302 swap was a little easier since the motor mount and trans mounts are in about the same place, you just have to hammer out the fire wall a little bit and the distributor is in the front making it an easier fit. I was wondering if I was giving good information since I do not see as much info on that online as the LS-1 swaps.

ImportArtist

Chevy Chevy Chevy but im like anti ford so its your call and as far as easy both are easy depending on your Pockets!!!

maik21
Car: 240sx Coupe 5.0 90

240roadrace wrote:I am wondering about V8 swap also. I was told the 302 swap was a little easier since the motor mount and trans mounts are in about the same place, you just have to hammer out the fire wall a little bit and the distributor is in the front making it an easier fit. I was wondering if I was giving good information since I do not see as much info on that online .
you are right !! ford v8 swap is very easy. silviav8forums have a lot of info about this swap. there is some guy who has made a lot of 5.0 swaps some years ago and he put all info there. his user name is overrev.

Dwolf
302 240sx soon

thanks for all the info maik21

USAF_KOUKI
Car: 97 kouki

+1 for TN, get a lm7 and a t56. you can get a lm7 for 200 bucks of not free and its shares the same lsx platform. Im doing that if i go v8 and getting a brand new t56 for 1900 built with warranty from a reputable shop in texas ( so says ls1tech ) used they are around 12-1300 so ill just pay more for a built one. and chasebays can hook up the wiring!. goodluck

Return to “Hybrids”