Using your engine cover with a 5/8" spacer. It can be done....

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

So, my wife is picky and flipped out when she saw that the engine cover was not put back on after the spacer was installed. So I looked at it, thought about how to make it work over a stiff drink, and came up with this.

zerothread/274419

Oh, and I used nickles for washers, since I refuse to drive after I have a drink.

Looks great, fitment is good (absolutely no hood clearance issues), and wife is happy. Win win situation in my book. I just have to clean up any little bits of Permatex that is left, and I'll be done.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Good job

BTW You punched Jefferson in the face.

zozo

soul_hfk
Car: 2010 G37xS---08 QX56

im glad my old lady dont know how to open the hood

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Nice fix Noah!!

zozoka1212

he he he try to keep it that way.

zozoka

Beancooker

Thanks. Couldn't have her angry. She bought me some seat belt softies today. Kinda nice. Belt rubbed me on the collarbone, and this makes them comfy. Surprised me that she went to Axiom Motorsports by herself, and picked out something for my car.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Geez...first a vaccuum, then she buys you a popcharger, then she buys you the seatbelt softies (I agree, had them on my G since day 1) what the hell is your secret??

Beancooker

G_whizz wrote:Geez...first a vaccuum, then she buys you a popcharger, then she buys you the seatbelt softies (I agree, had them on my G since day 1) what the hell is your secret??
Okay, first was the vacuum, but that was a joke, more or less. It went back. First was actually my G35, and the vacuum covered 1/3 of the down payment. 2nd was the pop charger, 3rd was the seatbelt softies, and today she added an Optima Redtop battery to the list. The battery in the 300zx needed to be replaced, and so the G35's battery went to the 300 and the G got a new one.

My secret... Like I'd give that out.

Oh, you ask (in the other thread) where do I find the time? I sleep between 4 and 6 hours a night, and work 10-16 hours each day, depending on the day. So since I don't sleep much, it gives me time to do what I need.

joe603

what are seatbelt softies?? pics plz

zozoka1212

I think they are talking about those sleeves what you can put on the belts.Just a wild guess.

http://search.ebay.com.sg/seat...C0021

zozo

Beancooker

joe603 wrote:what are seatbelt softies?? pics plz

joe603

cool...I've seen some black Infiniti one's too.

The only thing that pisses me off about the seatbelt is the squeaking from the hard plastic and leather seat rubbing. I got fed up and attached the soft side of a velcro strip on the seat. I first did it to the seatbelt loop, but it would melt in the heat and get all over everything. The seat one seems to be holding up better...and no noise!

G_whizz

joe603 wrote:cool...I've seen some black Infiniti one's too.
Yuppers...that's what I have...comfy as hell.

BTW Beaner... your wife is FTW!!

joe603

Sean, do you have linkage for that?

G_whizz

Mine are different ... but these look decent

http://www.seatbeltpads.com/infiniti.htm

I got mine at a car shop in the mall.

Focusedintntions
Car: 07 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt

Nicely done!! I can't wait to mod my G now!

Beancooker

joe603 wrote:cool...I've seen some black Infiniti one's too.

The only thing that pisses me off about the seatbelt is the squeaking from the hard plastic and leather seat rubbing. I got fed up and attached the soft side of a velcro strip on the seat. I first did it to the seatbelt loop, but it would melt in the heat and get all over everything. The seat one seems to be holding up better...and no noise!
Joe, you can also get some stuff at Wal-Mart, in the foot care section. It's called mole skin. I used it on the back side of my radar detector where it rests against the glass. It's made for use on feet, so heat doesn't weaken the glue. Put a thin strip on the bottom of the plastic seat belt thing, and it should work well.

G_whizz

Awww beaner...are your feet rank??

joe603

beancooker wrote:
Joe, you can also get some stuff at Wal-Mart, in the foot care section. It's called mole skin. I used it on the back side of my radar detector where it rests against the glass. It's made for use on feet, so heat doesn't weaken the glue. Put a thin strip on the bottom of the plastic seat belt thing, and it should work well.
Cool, that will be plan C

Right now I have a square velcro strip on the leather underneath...so far it hasn't melted

Cali 2 Balti G
Car: Desert Platinum G35 Coupe
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

beancooker wrote:
It's made for use on feet, so heat doesn't weaken the glue. Put a thin strip on the bottom of the plastic seat belt thing, and it should work well.
Well how hot do your feet get?

Beancooker

Dunno, I use the crap for the car, not the feet. It is the only soft material with good adhesive on it that I can find. Cheap too.

Back to the original topic, there is a little rubbing on the cover. It is only in one spot, but it is taking the paint off the cover fairly rapidly. I think it is when the engine shifts when you step on the gas. Gives just enough lift to cause rubbing. I'll post pics when I get home tonight.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”