Using SL stock tire size on Rougue S

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
flamesrock
Car: 2008 Nissan Rougue S

I've been looking through the forums and can't seem to find this answer. I'm looking at buying some winter tires and was wondering if there would be any issue with me using the SL stock tire size (P225/60 R17) on the Rougue S. I have looked at the Aftermarket Wheel & Tire Fitment Chart but it still isn't quite clear to me. It doesn't appear that there would be an issue. Also I'm leasing the vehicle, is it possible that the dealership would be upset with me using the P225/60 R17 instead of the P215/70 R16 tire size?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum.

Both tire sizes used on the Rogue are the same diameter. There are no issues using either and it will not affect your odometer reading, speedo, etc. It should not affect your warranty or lease obligations either.

FYI: I downsized to 215/70R16 winter tires on 16" steel rims for my SL FWD. This is a common size for small SUV's and trucks and I found quite a few in this size.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

You'll be fine; the size of the tires on the S versus the SL are close enough to be a negligible difference and allow cross-sharing wheels. In fact, after I got the wheels and tires I have on my SL now, I gave my original 17" alloys and stock tires to my dad and he has them on his S now.

-Ed

Return to “Rogue Forum”