Using "Ds" Mode

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jeffwb70
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SL

Hello, Well I just recently purchased a 2005 Murano LS and am brand new to the Murano family. I had a question about the use of what some call "Ds" mode (or "sport" mode, or as the manual calls "second"). Clearly there is a useful burst in RPM when the shifter is moved to the right from "D" to "Ds". I read a reviewer in eopinions who said he used it while accelerating at times for a good burst in speed. I've been doing the same. The question becomes is it okay to make that shift while the accelerator is being pressed, and is that shift okay at any speed. It seems to work quite well to shift into that, and then once up to speed to move the shifter back to "D". I just do this when I'm accelarting onto the highway, or even going up a hill. I just wanted to see if others, like the reviewer I mentioned, use this a lot. Also, is it okay to make the shift at any time, even with the gas pedal in play (obviously not flooring it, but keeping it in a steady position). Murano veterans please give me your thoughts or what you've heard.

Thanks!! Jeff

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! Sorry for the delayed response, but we are thrilled to have you here in the Murano forum!

I can't say I would recommend shifting while accelerating, but I don't think you will do any harm. I recently test drove an Infiniti EX35 that had the same feature, and the dealer had us shifting like made at all different times without any worry or concern.

Return to “Murano Forum”