User programmed aftermarket iKey for 2009-2014 works!

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jhamar
Car: 2013 Nissan Murano Platinum

Hello everyone! Just joined the forum and glad to be a new Murano owner! Well, I am a new owner, but our Murano is a 2013 Platinum Edition with 52k on it. Really enjoying the car so far. I was convinced that I would not be buying a Nissan based on the condition of the used ones that I had looked at in the past. But here I am after reading great reviews on the Murano, seeing the reliability ratings of the Murano, and test driving our Platinum.

Anyhoo, our car only cam with 1 iKey and obviously I wanted a second. Looked through this forum and many other internet pages to no avail. It looked like I was going to have to buy a 3rd party key and head to dealership to convince them to program a non-Nissan key for me. Then I stumbled on this:

Dorman 99159 (I thought I could post a URL; just do a web search)

I ordered it from Rock Auto (feel free to choose your own source) and proceeded to program it when it came. It works! You have to be very careful on the timing (you have to execute the instructions in 10 second increments; and be very precise! not less than 10 seconds, not much over!) or you have to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and start over. I had to do that twice and I was worried in between because you can't start your car until the programming is complete! Anyway, if you follow the instructions carefully you can program your very own iKey replacement!

A couple of things, I have only had the key for several weeks, so I don't have long-term reliability on it yet. Once again, you have to be very precise on the programming or you have a car that won't start. You have to have an iKey that is already programmed. If your main one goes out, then you would have to go to the dealer.

If you meet these stipulations, and need an additional key, then here is a good option. For less than $100 bucks you get an additional iKey. Now, I am not sure how to program more than 1 additional key. If you have 2 keys that you want to program, you would have to call customer service.

Hope this helps someone! Let me know if you have questions.

jeff

Return to “Murano Forum”