Used Rogue Buyer's Guide?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Hey yall,
Probably looking for a Rogue soon for first car for daughter.

With that in mind I'm looking for suggestions on problems to look for (especially higher mileage related) and what years would be better to try to find. I'm probably trying to stay under $7k max, so will most likely be over 100k miles.

Never looked at Rogues much but have been a Nissan/Infiniti addict my entire life (only non-nissan product was 1st car being RX-7). Wife had 2 different Muranos, but that's the only thing close we've had to a Rogue, or maybe my briefly owned Versa hatch but it was manual. Never owned another FWD based 4cyl Nissan product.

Thanks in advance.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it's over 100K you want to see service records for at least two CVT fluid changes. When you test drive it, drive till it's fully warm, then put it on an uphill with light-to-moderate throttle and feel for any judder in the tranny. If it has no records or you feel any slippage, leave it on the lot. Aside from the trans, the only routine problem we see with gen2 Rogues is bad lift bushings in the driver's seat causing annoying noises. The QR25 is bulletproof and we see few other problems in general.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Knew the CVTs can be a problem. We had to upgrade the last Murano before it got to that point. Thanks

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Excellent choice, under $7k would most likely be a first generation, which gets high marks in crash tests.

Ironically, the 2021 failed miserably for its crash tests, or had poor scores. Supposedly, it's fix by now.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

biggie wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am
Hey yall,
Probably looking for a Rogue soon for first car for daughter.

With that in mind I'm looking for suggestions on problems to look for (especially higher mileage related) and what years would be better to try to find. I'm probably trying to stay under $7k max, so will most likely be over 100k miles.

Never looked at Rogues much but have been a Nissan/Infiniti addict my entire life (only non-nissan product was 1st car being RX-7). Wife had 2 different Muranos, but that's the only thing close we've had to a Rogue, or maybe my briefly owned Versa hatch but it was manual. Never owned another FWD based 4cyl Nissan product.

Thanks in advance.
Don't make the mistake of buying a Rogue, USED. Just don't bother. Get a CRV or Rav4.

Return to “Rogue Forum”