Used rims mounted with winter tires TPMS question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darrylwmiller
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

There is so much information out there amd it seems confusing to know what I actually need. I have aquired some Rims that already have a TPMS sensor installed and my OEM rims with TPMS can be cloned to these used rims TPMS. I do alot of highway driving for work, so tire rotation would be every 3 months. I have an appointment with Kal Tire to install my winters on these used rims and they will clone the OEM TPMS sensors to the used TPMS sensors so I don't have to worry about it when it comes time to switch back to my summer tires. My question is, when it comes time to rotate my tires what tools do I need to make sure my rogue is reading the correct tire pressure on each wheel? It is 33psi on both front and back, but my understanding is that if I take the 2 front tires and move them to the back, the car will see the rear wheels as the fronts still. There are tons of products on amazon for resetting but I am not sure what exactly is needed and not needed. I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV.

cmartyn
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Well.. if you are worried about tire position you can either copy the correct ids into the correct sensors every time you move them or upload the ids into the cpu through your ODB connector every time you move them. The former is the cheap way. 100.00 tool from ATEQ or whoever built your sensors.

Return to “Rogue Forum”