Used Q50 buying advice

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
williamset

Hi,

I was close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 Q50 back when it just came out, but decided against it due to issues with the InTouch system. I'm considering buying a used 2015 now. Have the InTouch issues been fixed? If so, what model year(s) were they fixed in?

Also, what is the general consensus on the new 3.0T V6? I have seen little to no reviews from major publications on any of the new engines. How do they fair vs the 3.7L beyond just output? (Refinement, real world performance, etc?)

Any other issues to be aware of when looking used?

Thanks!

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome aboard!

The hardware in the InTouch system was upgrade for MY2015. The software that drives the hardware remains unchanged. I own a 2015 and have been in a 2014, and it's night and day with the initial load time of the interface. Don't buy a 2014 if you can get a 2015 with respect to InTouch.

I think that the long-term reliability and durability of the 3.0T is not yet decipherable. The 3.7L has been in cars since the 2008 model year, and they're pretty rock solid. The new engines are sweet though, and they make a boatload more torque than the outgoing 3.7L. I find the 3.7L to still be very enjoyable in the Q50, but more power is always more fun. I came from a 370Z, and it was nice to have largely the same exact powertrain I was used to.

As far as glaring issues with the Q50, I can't think of any besides the dismal 2014 version of the InTouch. I'm not as familiar with the hybrid version, though, so I might need to read on how it's performed thus far, myself.

Happy hunting!

williamset

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the response.

jasejase

We had a 14, and the intouch wasn't that bad. If buying from a dealer, get a price on the third party warranties. Ours was reasonable and covered electronics. It also was prorated refundable if you dump it.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”