USB stick issues

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
jsvalen12
Car: 2020 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring Auto Black

Owned my 2020 370Z for one year and I keep my USB memory stick with MP3s always inserted in the USB port. Initially, it would take about 8 minutes every time I started the ignition for the audio system to read the memory stick before it would start playing an MP3; I have over 2,800 MP3s on the memory stick. This repeated itself for the next 11 months. My 2 previous cars, Hyundais, had no problem immediately playing MP3s from this memory stick. The other day my audio system kept defaulting to the first alphabetic MP3 every time I turned the ignition on. I tried selecting another song and everything was fine until I turned the ignition off and back on; once again it defaulted to the first alphabetic MP3. Then today, when I turned the ignition on, the audio system wouldn't play any MP3s. I turned off the audio system and removed the memory stick from the USB port. A bit later, I pressed the DISC-AUX button and the audio system started playing MP3s, and not from the first alphabetic MP3; the memory stick wasn't even inserted. Any ideas on why I'm having these issues and/or why the MP3s will play without the memory stick inserted in the USB port? Is there a hard drive that saves them? Although, that wouldn't explain the other issues. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”