USB port not working

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
TLoc
Car: 2012 M37x

I had an old iPod touch I kept my music collection on, in the center console, connected with USB. It stopped working the other day and I noticed the USB cord was freyed so I thought it may have shorted out a fuse. The port will not charge anything or connect to the head unit. I think I have checked every fuse and can't find any that are fried. Anybody have any experience with this and know where the fuse is or what else may be going on?

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

Mine would work intermittently. Dealer replaced the AV control unit. My guess 3500. It was the entire hard drive and computer. But it fixed the prob. They confirmed it was the AV unit by one of them second diagnostic menus inside the car. Not the obii port ( or whatever it's called ) some one here will know how to access that menu. Is the information being displayed about things like Forrest air working correctly ?

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

From the EX35/37/QX50 forum thread:

Postby C456D » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 am

There is a service menu where some of the configurations can be changed, but I did not see any option to switch off the speed sensor. Here is how to get the menu:

1. Start the engine.
2. Turn the audio system OFF.
3. While pressing the “SETTING” button, turn the volume control
dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. (When
the self-diagnosis mode is starts, a short beep will sound.)
• Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed
by pressing the “BACK” button.

Our cars are extremely sensitive to electrical shorts, something as simple as putting in LEDs for your interior lights can fry BCMs, and other circuits (happened to Ilya, happened to me: my interior lights decided to turn on when the doors were opened, my assigned tech basically had to trace the problem to the individual circuit)

I would not be surprised if your frayed iPod cable shorted a circuit out, especially if you didn't blow a fuse, hopefully your whole AV module won't need to be replaced.

TLoc

Appreciate the feedback. It seems as though the only thing not working is the USB port. I will check that service menu. I thought I might be missing a fuse but I probably shorted something out. 35 hundy?!?! I think I can probably make do without the USB. I always got Blutooth streaming.

SHEENA4UK
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 SE V-6

Hello

I was just researching and reading your USB problem. I have a 2015 Rogue Select with less than 9,000 miles. MY USB port went out while driving. Nothing. Zip. That's it. It made a loud noise, (similar to the loud sound the Emergency Broadcast Network makes on TV when storms are expected). I had no clue what it was - it'd been playing fine for 8 hours (also had a GPS connected to the car).

I find it difficult to believe this vehicle can't handle a GPS and an old iPod classic at the same time for more than 8 hours.

Did you get your's fixed? What was it? Any thoughts or advice? I have an appointment tomorrow but wanted to check with you and see what you thought.

THANKS!

Sheena

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Sheena, sounds like something shorted your setup or there is a 'grounding' issue causing feedback and then inoperation. You should never hear a loud noise like that over the cars AV system.

TLoc

Sheena,

I never got mine fixed. I got a 12v charging cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter to charge my phone and use the Bluetooth streaming instead of the iPod. Never looked back into it. Let us know what the dealer says.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”