USA Flag lovers who like showing their Patriotic Side!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Well July 4th coming up.

This was my last project.

Thought I show you my quarter window flag decal.

I purchase matte black so it just shows a hint of the flag. I didn't want it overwhelming. Actually you barely notice it since its below the radar really when looking at it. The first two pictures are how it blends in nicely with my tint and how its usually seen. Well that was my goal.

The last picture was at the perfect angle to appreciate how it really looks. You can get glossy, white or other colors. It matters what online company you get them from.

:thewave:

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

That's pretty sweet, did you cut the film to shape and apply it or was it precut to fit the glass?

casperfun

Hey thanks!
:dblthumb:

I already had a USA flag theme plate on my license plate and I didn't want something red, white, and blue clashing with my exterior.

And still wanted a flag sticker.

So I was inspired by this Subaru Outback and had your same reaction. :chuckle:

I wasn't too sure this particular decal would look good on my Rogue because the Subaru's paint job really compliments that version.

So I made sure I could find a matte black.

Anyways, yes you had to cut the film to shape. Real easy, all I did was take Christmas wrapping paper, pressed it against window to make a crease.

Then I outlined it with marker, bam! your template.

After that, you position your decal and place your template on top and eyeball it.

I then stuck tiny pieces of painter's tape to affix template on decal. Cut from there. You get the gist of it.

Anyways, I studied other car pictures and youtube videos to get an idea on best position.

If you try to do this project, try to follow the lines of the vehicle going towards rear quarter window.

It seems the best position where it follows the flow to the corner pointy end of the rear window; if that makes any sense. Or do what you like.
:naughty:

I like how it still enhances my off-road look too. :)

casperfun

The previous pictures were before a storm.

Thought I take a quick picture now that the sun is shining! :cool:

Kaymichler
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Where did you order this decal? Has it held up well in the sun and weather?

casperfun

Here it is today. It’s been maybe 4-5 yrs? A few years before the pandemic. Sometimes when I’m ocd, I clean the glass part. But you really don’t have too.
As long as you don’t touch it and peel the decal. It will look like the day you first put it on like mine. I haven’t cleaned it for months.

Unlike the first pictures, I already replaced my atv cargo basket for a real roof basket and it’s also lifted now. So it’s been a few good years with my awesome flag sticker.

I got mine on eBay, just purchase to your particular taste. A fun little project for sure. Good luck. One of my favorite mods too. :dblthumb: :bigthumb:

Hehe! Just realized I first posted this back in 2018.
Boy it looks nice and shiny and I haven’t washed my rogue in weeks or this year for that matter except for a quick wipe and hose. Looks better now than in 2018. Nice for a 13yr old jalopy.
:domo:

casperfun

To make it easier, this is the seller I bought mine from back in the day. :wavey:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172766309975

Return to “Rogue Forum”