Urgent Help! Nissan 2003 potential water problem! Need solution!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
LukeMorandini
Car: Nissan Skyline 2003 Auto

Hi guys,

We've just had quite a severe storm in Brisbane (Australia) and my car was parked outside.

I drove it to the store to pick up some things and noticed that the speedometer was stuck on 0km as well as the RCD light and "sllip" light was on.. MY windscreen wipers would not respond as well as the aircon. I've checked the fuses both under the steering Wheel and next to the battery ( for those who have 2 boxes) and no fuses have blown. My knowledge with cars is not that good and i want to try to fix it myself before i have to take it in and spend $$$.

Do any of you have any information that could help me out?

P.s. all the fluids in my car are topped up (brake, power steering etc..)

Much appreciated!!!
Thanks

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

No speedometer and got a slip light. Ill assume this is a awd and RCD is something to do with that. Wipers and Air conditioning not working.

A model and the exact drivetrain and modifications would help.

Assuming it had no problems before it "sat" and now has all that at once. I would check every single fuse on the car. Starting with the big ones under the hood. Near "water" intrusion.

Just from general nissan experience id suspect a possible problem in one of the wheel well wiring harness junctions. Mainly because of the storm = water comment.

Next would be to check for power at a not working "thing". Pick the easiest thing to get to unplug it check for power and ground. Id guess the air conditioning or wipers would be simple to locate where power is supplied.

Besides a known good battery and good grounding I don't have much to offer based on that.

Sorry it that is not much help.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”