URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
needfaster240
Car: 90' 240 sx

here is my issue. my sister brought me her 95/96 maxima with fuel leak at the injector. went to pull it in the garage and it had a check engine light and running rough. I have no way to check codes so I ran the car and disconnected the coils to find out which cylinder. idk what the number is but the one when you're facing the engine compartment looking at the windshield, the back left didn't change when disconnected. so I check the plugs and the front 3 were replaced recently and the rear 3 are as old as hell. you could see where the fire was getting past the porcelain, that particular one looks like shart. seemed fowled. so replaced the plugs. removed all the crap the remove the fuel rail and resealed the injectors. reinstalled all removed parts and now will no take throttle. sprayed starting fluid around intake and throttle body to see if I had a vacuum leek nothing. I are perplexed. I gotta get her done please help! how do you check codes w/o a reader?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

needfaster240 wrote:here is my issue... how do you check codes w/o a reader?
You need the scanner to read the codes. Do you have a Sears, Walmart, Advance, O'Reilly, Autozone, Pep Boys, or Western Auto nearby? You can pick up a decent code reader for about $40.

needfaster240

thanks for the help Rogue, I was afraid of that. well off to the store! uggggghhhh more money!

needfaster240

ok got a scan tool and found p0100 mass air circuit, p0325 knock sensor circuit, p0110 intake air temp circuit. p0302 cylinder #2 misfire and two Nissan codes cant find a description for are p1320 and p1445. also does the ecu monitor fuel pressure or some how use other sensor to calculate it? :confused:

laughingdog
Car: Altima 3.5SE

mass air flow sensor disconnected = trouble, check that connector carefully. On a 96 Max the knock sensor will be toast, it is a cheap item to find, makes a huge difference to fuel consumption and performance. P1320 is bad coil(s). 1445 is the evap cannister purge, I think that's something to do with an emissions control requirement, are you getting a smell of gas after switching off?
The MAF is the main problem, it must be disconnected. Get it connected properly and the car will rev again.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”