Urgent Help me choose 2015 Rogue SL AWD vs 2014 SL AWD

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
avk3884
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015 SL AWD

Hi,

I just booked a 2015 Rogue SL with 54000 Kms on it.

My loan is yet to be approved.

However I am also seeing a 2014 Rogue SL with 46000 Kms on it for around 2500 cad less. Both are AWD.

The 2014 is RED color whereas 2015 is Silver color.

My question is if I should switch to the 2014 model or just stick to 2015. If I need to switch to 2014, I need to inform the dealer by Monday (11th Feb) Morning EST.

The only difference I see is 2015 has ECO Mode. (And 3rd row seat which I dont need anyway). Is ECO mode worth the price? Is there anything else which I am not aware of.

Please help me to clear out the confusion.

Either ways I am a Nissan Owner very soon and happy to be part of the club.

Thanks
Vinodh

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Do you prefer a particular color?

If not, save the $2500.

Red is more showy or sporty. You like being noticed?

Silver is more under the radar, and does hide dirt and dust better.

I had eco mode on a different car back in the day, and I seriously could never tell the difference when switching the button. Usually, I used it when driving slow. But mostly could never tell if it was doing much when I used eco setting.

I say choose the color that first comes to your mind. Maybe instinctively that's what you want.

Or flip a coin.

Personally, I am drawn to a vehicle that has a color which looks cool to me.
If I don't like the color, I won't be happy.

avk3884

Thank you for the spot-on response.

I am ok with either colour. I prefer the Mazda RED though.

Just in addition. Is there a resale value difference between Silver and RED?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Screw ECO mode. Probably the worst mode ever alongside SPORT mode, especially when ON and used with Cruise Control. I got a 2016 with this mode. Also, if you don't need the 3rd row, then go with the one that doesn't have the 3rd row. Also, red cars tends to get more tickets since they grab the eye of the police. I'd go with the 2014 (if you don't care about the crappy unupdatedable NISSAN Navigation, absence of ECO button, $2500 CAD less, Red over Silver colour, 8k KMS difference, previous owner(s), condition of the vehicle and title, etc.).

avk3884

Thank you for the spot-on response.

I am ok with either colour. I prefer the Mazda RED though.

Just in addition. Is there a resale value difference between Silver and RED?

avk3884

datechboss101 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm
Screw ECO mode. Probably the worst mode ever alongside SPORT mode, especially when ON and used with Cruise Control. I got a 2016 with this mode. Also, if you don't need the 3rd row, then go with the one that doesn't have the 3rd row. Also, red cars tends to get more tickets since they grab the eye of the police. I'd go with the 2014 (if you don't care about the crappy unupdatedable NISSAN Navigation, absence of ECO button, $2500 CAD less, Red over Silver colour, 8k KMS difference, previous owner(s), condition of the vehicle and title, etc.).
Thank you. I am going to try and make the switch to 2014 tomorrow. Hope the dealer agrees.

Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

You probably should try both cars to see which one give you a smoother ride, also make sure no vibration no noise from the CVT. You may also consider buying extension warranty that cover Cvt. I always negotiate the price of warranty. Also should ask them to updated your car firm ware to the latest version for free if they haven't done so.

avk3884

Benjumin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 am
You probably should try both cars to see which one give you a smoother ride, also make sure no vibration no noise from the CVT. You may also consider buying extension warranty that cover Cvt. I always negotiate the price of warranty. Also should ask them to updated your car firm ware to the latest version for free if they haven't done so.
Hi Benjumin,

Thank you. Do you have an idea on how much the extended warranty should cost?

My car is certified pre-owned and comes with warranty upto 2021 September. Should the extended warranty be bought now or can I do it sometime in 2021. (I read somewhere that the only difference would be that I cannot include it in the loan.)

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

avk3884 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am
Benjumin wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 am
Hi Benjumin,

My car is certified pre-owned and comes with warranty upto 2021 September. Should the extended warranty be bought now or can I do it sometime in 2021. (I read somewhere that the only difference would be that I cannot include it in the loan.)
Depends on how many kilometers you are planning to put on each year. In my case, I put anywhere between 20k to 25k miles each year, and just had my first extended warranty go out because I passed 72k miles. Now I'm on my 2nd extended warranty that lasts for an additional 100k miles. So it just all depends on the lenght of the warranty and how much you drive each year.

avk3884

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am
avk3884 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am

Hi Benjumin,

Depends on how many kilometers you are planning to put on each year. In my case, I put anywhere between 20k to 25k miles each year, and just had my first extended warranty go out because I passed 72k miles. Now I'm on my 2nd extended warranty that lasts for an additional 100k miles. So it just all depends on the lenght of the warranty and how much you drive each year.
Thank You. That makes sense.

avk3884

I just checked the carproof for both vehicles
I am buying from Brampton ON Nissan Used car dealer.

Looks like the 2014 one is registered in Quebec. Probably that calls for the low price. Though it has only 46K Kms on it.

I heard Quebec winters are more harsh and the car needs to bear with a lot of snow and salt. I havent been there though.

So basically a 2014 Quebec car / RED / 46000 kms Vs 2015 Ontario car / Silver / 54000 kms.

Both have around 12 service records from authorized dealers and one owner, no accidents and Top Condition carproofs.

Return to “Rogue Forum”