Urgent help for cooling system

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
martial
Car: 2009 Nissan Sentra

Hi everybody.
I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra (2.0L) and I woulld appreciate if someone can answer me the following questions:
1. The spring side of thermostat that is in connection with the LOWER radiator hose, does it goes in the engine block or in the housing that is connected to that radiator hose
2. As for the control valve connected to the upper radiator hose: does the spring goes in the engine block or in the big housing connected to that upper hose
3. Where is the air relief plug so I can open it to let the air out when I will refill the system?
Again, I would really appreciate your help.
Merci and thank you very much.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to NICO

Reference: http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... _Sentra/CO

1. The spring side of the thermostat goes in toward the thermostat housing (not the side that has the hose attached to it). See page CO-20

2. Spring side appears to go toward the housing, see page 23

3. I didn't see that there is an air bleeder. it looks like Nissan has a special fill tool for this. Personally if it were me I'd just try and fill it up from the highest point that you can (probably the upper rad. hose), and make sure the reservoir is topped off. You can also "burp" the system by squeezing the hoses to try and get the air out. Eventually the air will work itself out, as long as there's not a bunch in there.

martial

Thank you so much for your help.
I plan to work on the car saturday and will come back to give you news.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You can easily convert any stat to a bleeder type if the steel flat is vertically mounted (won't work as well on a horizontal one) in the engine by simply drilling a 1/16" hole way outboard but just inside any sealing gasket or rubber used there. Use some thought as to where in the OD radially you will put the hole as it needs to end up facing straight up when the stat is installed so the hole will bleed correctly.

Been doing that mod for 20 years on some cars.

martial

Hi,
Very good idea, but I'm not sure about my skill.

martial

Hi,
I worked on the car yesterday.
Had te replace the water control valve that is connected to the upper radiator hose because it was always open. Changed also the gasket.
I also replace the thermostat(connected to the lower radiator hose) and flush the heater radiator to make sure it's clean.
I refill the system, made sure that there was lo leak and tried to get rid of air in it.
Now I have heat in the car, but moderate heat. Maybe there is still air in the system.
Tomorrow I will try again to jack the front of the car and repeat your suggestion.
Thanks again for your help and my Best Wishes for a Happy and Healty 2018.

martial

Thank you all for your great support.
My problem is solved.
Merci.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”