Urethane Body Kits? Fibreglass scares me.

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Jamaica2G
Car: 2005 Red G35 6MT Coupe

Hi you guys, I know I'm needy n all, but what urethane body kits are out there? I am biased towards fibreglass because I've seen too many snap and shatter.

I guess I'll update this as time goes on. I left my list at home.

Adrian
Modified by Jamaica2G at 1:51 PM 6/23/2005

Jamaica2G

Veilside = urethane Impul = urethaneStillen = urethane Kenstyle = fibreglassErebuni aka Sarona = fibreglassGreddy FibreglassIngs = ?? Compound?Gialla = ??

I think I have these right. Correct me please if anything is wrong or out of place.

Adrian
Modified by Jamaica2G at 1:51 PM 6/23/2005

Badfish
Car: 93 240sx w/ black top sr20

I'd actually like to see the results of this.

I, too, am biased against fibreglass because I've seen idiots crack there front bumper to pieces in less than 3 days.

Structure240sx

i hate fiberglass

just got my cracks fixed and painted the whole car, then the other day at the dyno drving downt he guys dirt friveway a dip cuahg tmy bumper and Fed it up

Jamaica2G

now that is the kind of reinforcement I need. I was starting to contemplate the fibreglass Kenstyle replica kit for my car. To hear that from a fellow member who is probably very careful with their car... that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Adrian

Structure240sx

yea its a super pain, but i have learned to use fiberglass sheets and resin pretty well

these were take two days age, about 5 days after i crack the middle lower peice off. shame i dont have before pics until my dyno vid from that night gets put up. the middle lower peice was seriously dangling

just used some automotive spray paint and you really cant hardly tell

stay away from fiberglass as much as possible, at least for the extierior

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”