UpRev Engine Management System Discussion Thread for 2011+ M37/M56/Q70

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Has anyone else with 2013 Infiniti M37 Sport, non-AWD, with Sport Journey/Tech packages tried to UpRev?

Regular member on the M45/35 boards, but car got rear-ended and TOTALED because of significant frame damage - but now I am the proud owner of the above vehicle. Man, am I loving THIS car, and I LOVED my M45.

I am going to do this, but gonna make sure I have an Elite Warranty set up first, just in case something awful happens, (been talking with Joe aka Seymore4 to get the logistics down) but wondering if anyone else has flashed their ECU and if so, what do you think?

seymore4
Car: 2012 M56
Professional UPREV tuner

An M37 will tune just like a 370z.... as far as the warranty is concerned the tune is 100% removable and does not leave a trace.

AlphaSnacks
Car: 2013 M56S Aero

Just had Seymore do a tune for me on my M56S. He is LIGHTNING fast with his responses and extremely thorough. His tune also made a world of a difference over my previous tune. I highly highly recommend him.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yep, I always get a timely response from him. Even when I message him at like 10:30PM EST (7:30PM his time). Won't bother with anyone else now when it comes to UpRev.

seymore4
Professional UPREV tuner

Thanks for the support guys. I do try to make the process as painless as possible :)

@AlphaSnacks looking forward to seeing how much more we can get out of her

Altim8M37
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37 RWD

Going to have to go this route out of necessity. CEL after HFC install. I cleared the ECU but it came back after 30 miles or so.

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Reviving this topic...I might even sticky...it's about time for me to ECU tune after adding intake and exhaust.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

wideopn11 wrote:Reviving this topic...I might even sticky...it's about time for me to ECU tune after adding intake and exhaust.
Yeah, you should :naughty:, not only for the tuning but you also get the benefits of 5 different maps including anti-theft, etc.

It's already in the FAQ...not sure it deserves a sticky. But I'll leave that up to you.

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

FAQ is probably sufficient.
I just emailed a local tuner about Uprev tune and dyno time. Hopefully it's not too expensive. I already know the Uprev licence is going to be ~$750.

Ilya

wideopn11 wrote:FAQ is probably sufficient.
I just emailed a local tuner about Uprev tune and dyno time. Hopefully it's not too expensive. I already know the Uprev licence is going to be ~$750.
I personally would contact Seymore4, I think that's what his name is. Believe his info is on the first page of this thread but need to run so can't check it out quick. He did my tune remotely and will handle everything from purchasing to e-tuning (which should be sufficient for the majority of UpRev users).

seymore4
Professional UPREV tuner

I'm right here :wavey:
wideopn11 wrote:I just emailed a local tuner about Uprev tune and dyno time. Hopefully it's not too expensive. I already know the Uprev licence is going to be ~$750.
As long as your specific ECU part # is currently supported $750 should cover everything--license AND tune.

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Hi seymore4. I'll shoot you an email at some point tomorrow.

Ilya

:dblthumb:

The man is here. You won't be disappointed.

austin713
Car: 2011 M37

seymore4 wrote:I'm right here :wavey:
wideopn11 wrote:I just emailed a local tuner about Uprev tune and dyno time. Hopefully it's not too expensive. I already know the Uprev licence is going to be ~$750.
As long as your specific ECU part # is currently supported $750 should cover everything--license AND tune.
yea it should be wayyy less than that. i got my 08 VQ35HR G35 uprev tuned (spent over an hour on the dyno) for $600 total. he said the license is only $400. i got it done at Jtran studios in houston.

Ilya

austin713 wrote:
seymore4 wrote:I'm right here :wavey:

yea it should be wayyy less than that. i got my 08 VQ35HR G35 uprev tuned (spent over an hour on the dyno) for $600 total. he said the license is only $400. i got it done at Jtran studios in houston.
Osiris Standard is currently $550. $200 for Joe to take the time, do the eTune and handle the customer service aspect of everything going forward is peanuts (UpRev customer service is ABSOLUTE crap, they prefer resellers/dealers to deal with customers and don't care to respond half the time). I've emailed Joe probably 2-3 times after my initial tune with new logs to tweak this or that (like when I got my HPS tubes or when my fiance - who just moved to the US and doesn't drive - was learning to drive and had my valet mode power turned down a ton as to not overpower her) and he got back to me literally within like an hour or two each time.

If more businesses in the world operated like Seymore/Joe, it'd be a great place. Top notch.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

Ilya wrote:Osiris Standard is currently $550. $200 for Joe to take the time, do the eTune and handle the customer service aspect of everything going forward is peanuts (UpRev customer service is ABSOLUTE crap, they prefer resellers/dealers to deal with customers and don't care to respond half the time). I've emailed Joe probably 2-3 times after my initial tune with new logs to tweak this or that (like when I got my HPS tubes or when my fiance - who just moved to the US and doesn't drive - was learning to drive and had my valet mode power turned down a ton as to not overpower her) and he got back to me literally within like an hour or two each time.

If more businesses in the world operated like Seymore/Joe, it'd be a great place. Top notch.
I second that...FINALLY pulled the trigger myself. According to the software developer at Uprev, the AWD is not supported, so there is a $200 non-core patch fee in addition. I sent them the ROM dump, and it's currently being patched. Once that is done, it can be released for the tuning process. Joe has been awesome, as this is my first tuning process ever, and I know I probably asked a few noob questions. He has always responded with quick turnaround. I look forward to finally getting my car tuned to the new exhaust and intake hoses.

Just a question for those who already have the Uprev...will the data logs show the horsepower? I would like to see the difference with the mods.

ssmrico
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37S

Subd, I know the shop I go to does infinitis and 370z done a few twin turbo 370s and turbo g37s etc. once I do my bolt ons ill see how much to tune

Ilya

armybrat wrote:
Ilya wrote:Osiris Standard is currently $550. $200 for Joe to take the time, do the eTune and handle the customer service aspect of everything going forward is peanuts (UpRev customer service is ABSOLUTE crap, they prefer resellers/dealers to deal with customers and don't care to respond half the time). I've emailed Joe probably 2-3 times after my initial tune with new logs to tweak this or that (like when I got my HPS tubes or when my fiance - who just moved to the US and doesn't drive - was learning to drive and had my valet mode power turned down a ton as to not overpower her) and he got back to me literally within like an hour or two each time.

I second that...FINALLY pulled the trigger myself. According to the software developer at Uprev, the AWD is not supported, so there is a $200 non-core patch fee in addition. I sent them the ROM dump, and it's currently being patched. Once that is done, it can be released for the tuning process. Joe has been awesome, as this is my first tuning process ever, and I know I probably asked a few noob questions. He has always responded with quick turnaround. I look forward to finally getting my car tuned to the new exhaust and intake hoses.

Just a question for those who already have the Uprev...will the data logs show the horsepower? I would like to see the difference with the mods.
No, you'll need to go to a dyno for before and after comparisons for HP numbers.

ssmrico
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37S

^ what he said

Pimperish1
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56s
2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4WD
2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

You guys mention having up to 5 maps. Where are you guys storing these? The switch in the car only has four spots (snow, eco, norm, sport)?

Ilya

Pimperish1 wrote:You guys mention having up to 5 maps. Where are you guys storing these? The switch in the car only has four spots (snow, eco, norm, sport)?
It uses a button combination on the steering wheel to change maps. It stores the maps in the ECU. You hit the button once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc.

Pimperish1
2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

So, just for the sake of demonstration, where do some of you guys have this programed to? Cruise?, and what then becomes of the mode selector near the shifter, does that still work or just kinda? Also, can you change modes on the fly still? Trying to get a firm grip on how this will change my interaction with the car. I do change driving modes allot depending on traffic and mood etc.

Ilya

Pimperish1 wrote:So, just for the sake of demonstration, where do some of you guys have this programed to? Cruise?, and what then becomes of the mode selector near the shifter, does that still work or just kinda? Also, can you change modes on the fly still? Trying to get a firm grip on how this will change my interaction with the car. I do change driving modes allot depending on traffic and mood etc.
The ONLY combination that will trigger a change of the map is doing the following:

Push up "Accel/Res" cruise button, then press "Cancel" (button above cruise switch) 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times depending on what map you want to engage.

My car has the following 5 maps:

Performance
ECO
Stock
Valet (25mph and 3,000 RPM limits - customizable, I even had Seymore give me a new map for my fiance who's learning how to drive - didn't want her having the full 420hp under her newbie foot lol)
Anti-Theft (no injector signal or whatever)

You can change the maps on the fly.

The switch by the shifter (SNOW, STANDARD, ECO, SPORT) has ZERO to do with UpRev but it will also change the behavior of the car in it's own ways.

I pretty much leave my car in SPORT and the performance map. When it snows, I'll still be in UpRev performance mode but will be in Infiniti SNOW mode.

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

I pulled the trigger! Can't wait to get my tune from seymore4.

Pimperish1
2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

The ONLY combination that will trigger a change of the map is doing the following:

Push up "Accel/Res" cruise button, then press "Cancel" (button above cruise switch) 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times depending on what map you want to engage.

My car has the following 5 maps:

Performance
ECO
Stock
Valet (25mph and 3,000 RPM limits - customizable, I even had Seymore give me a new map for my fiance who's learning how to drive - didn't want her having the full 420hp under her newbie foot lol)
Anti-Theft (no injector signal or whatever)

You can change the maps on the fly.

The switch by the shifter (SNOW, STANDARD, ECO, SPORT) has ZERO to do with UpRev but it will also change the behavior of the car in it's own ways.

I pretty much leave my car in SPORT and the performance map. When it snows, I'll still be in UpRev performance mode but will be in Infiniti SNOW mode.
Ok, I'm sold. This has definitely moved up on the list. Thx.

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Hey guys. Been away for awhile. Started a new business and was swamped. I'm seriously considering having my car tuned and shot seymore4 an email today. Looking forward to getting this process started!

Ilya

Big_Tone wrote:Hey guys. Been away for awhile. Started a new business and was swamped. I'm seriously considering having my car tuned and shot seymore4 an email today. Looking forward to getting this process started!
Nice! And welcome back. Get in on that strut bar deal too ;).

soulfunction-front-strut-bar-group-buy-t612588.html

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Ilya wrote:
Big_Tone wrote:Hey guys. Been away for awhile. Started a new business and was swamped. I'm seriously considering having my car tuned and shot seymore4 an email today. Looking forward to getting this process started!
Nice! And welcome back. Get in on that strut bar deal too ;).

soulfunction-front-strut-bar-group-buy-t612588.html
Thanks! And I'll definitely check out the strut bar.

knelson
Car: 2013 black M56xS

armybrat wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 am

armybrat, wondering if you knew your HP gains after the uprev? Are you happy overall? Had any complaints or tips? I'd love an update, I have a 2013 M56xS so i would expect similar results i think. I've done very little other performance mods though, about to change to the sport exhaust... only mufflers and behind so that shouldn't effect anything really.

armybrat
Car: 2012 M56x with Tech Package (sold)
Custom 2-1/2" X-pipe exhaust with OEM sport mufflers
HPS intake hoses
Uprev tune

knelson wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 pm
armybrat, wondering if you knew your HP gains after the uprev? Are you happy overall? Had any complaints or tips? I'd love an update, I have a 2013 M56xS so i would expect similar results i think. I've done very little other performance mods though, about to change to the sport exhaust... only mufflers and behind so that shouldn't effect anything really.

No, I haven't had the car dyno'd yet. I will one day, just to see the numbers. Yes I am very satisfied with the tune, no complaints at all. There is definitely an increase in performance, not "seat of your pants" bump but just overall better performance. I get better mileage too, since the A/F ratios are leaned out to match my exhaust and intake mods, plus other parameters like timing advance, transmission line pressures, etc. IMHO, the V8's are really tuned conservatively overall, being marketed as a luxury sedan. The exhaust piping is the same as the 3.7 except for the manifolds and the second set of cats integrated into the Y-pipe, if that tells you anything. Some folks just delete the second set of cats, some delete just the resonators, some folks like me delete all of it and start over. Even if you go that route, you can get a quieter performance muffler if you're worried about the louder sound signature. HPS makes a set of replacement smooth bore intake hoses that will increase your intake airflow. Performance air filters will also make a difference. K&N uses an oil treated cotton filter media while AEM Dryflow (my preference) is just that - like K&N without the oil. Just these mods alone will help your car run better. and get better mileage.

I also recommend a oil separator catch can mod, as the V8's blow excess oil through the PCV valves.

That's about it for simple bolt on performance mods. These are relatively inexpensive and for 99% of us is good enough. Next level of mods would be going with a boosted set up or a dual nozzle nitrous kit. In this case, a Level 10 upgraded performance transmission would be in order to handle the extra hp, along with an extra size checkbook :biggrin:

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”