Upgrading factory radio on 16 Sentra

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Kylo_Rec
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest
2017 Nissan Rogue

Hey all!

So I'm trying to upgrade the factory radio in my '16 Sentra S to an aftermarket one that I already have.

I'm finding all the parts needed through Crutchfield, but for some reason, the dash-kit they recommend, and so far the only one I've been able to find, are gray. The interior on my car and on the radio is black/charcoal. Does anyone know of any other place, besides Crutchfield, Amazon, and Best Buy that I can try and find the right colored dash-kit to match the interior of the car? I've even checked on Metra's website and all they have is the gray.

Also, I've been reading that the wiring harness causes some issue with the steering wheel controls, and that there isn't an actual way to plug in the adapter, rather you have to cut the wires? Anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

opala41

Hi,

In my two previous '15 Sentras I've installed aftermaket units (a chinese Android one, specific for the Sentra) and a Pionner one. I had to remove the Bluetooth original module (installed behind the glovebox) and use a bypass adapter connected to the module's harness. You can cut and connect the wires, but this would void your warranty. This is the bypass adapter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AERPRO-NISSAN- ... SwVtZaKcZr

Now I am living in USA and I have a (third) '15 Sentra and I want to install the aftermarket unit too. I wonder if there is a way to connect the OEM SiriusXM antenna to the aftermarket unit. I don't want to use a magnet antenna for the satellite radio.

Thanks

J.Cohen

ferdslim

Hi, yes you can connect the OEM SiriusXM antenna to the aftermarket radio. You would have use this iDatalink cable from Maestro: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012F ... UTF8&psc=1

And then swap the green end with the factory pink one and plug in the antenna lead to your SiriusXM tuner and you will be able to have your SiriusXM radio using the factory antenna. Hope this helps

bobbychet
Car: 2018 Nissan Sentra Midnight edition

Hi I too have installed a aftermarket head unit in my 2018 nissan and the gray cover for a Double DIN head unit matches up pretty well. I installed a Pioneer AVN1550-NEX Head unit.
Crutch field offers a steering wheel control unit but you'll lose your back up camera and phone controls. Axxess offers one SWCU that saves everything on the steering wheel.Let me know if you need part numbers foe the Axxess SWCU.
I have the problem of setting the clock on my cars main display. Does anyone know how to set up the clock manually?
Thanks Bobbychet

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”