Upgrading a 1993 300zx TT have some questions

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Bfish
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx twin turbo manual tran

Good afternoon all I thank you for the help. I ordered the z1 400 power pack that comes with a upgraded ecu, boost jets, hks high power catback exhaust, boost gauge, cold air intake, new spark plugs that will be gapped according to what z1 specifies, I also ordered down pipes, test pipes and new intercoolers.......is there anything else you think i should be getting to make everything run smooth.....I'm not looking for crazy HP but wanted to be close to 400rwhp. Thanks for the help guys!!!!! Next I will be doing brakes and coilovers down the road and IMO that's about all I will probably do maybe rims too.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Without upgraded injectors you'll, be lucky to hit 350 at the wheels. With all your upgrades your car will breathe much better and will feel a lot more responsive but you'll have your heart broken on the dyno if you're looking for numbers.

Bfish
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx twin turbo manual tran

With injectors will that be a major boost in the performance......and what size would you suggest

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

The injectors need to match whatever your goals are, the Fuel/Air ratio must be correct for power to be made properly and safely. As a very rough order number on the Z32 the CCs approximately correspond to the max chp the injector will support.

So if you want 400whp you need approximately 470chp (assuming 15% parasitic drivetrain power loss). Therefore you need an injector that has a minimum 470CC capacity.

Going a step further; you don't want your injectors operating at 100% duty cycle for long periods of time if ever so giving the injector a 10-15% safety margin you end up with approximately 520CC injectors. I actually run 520CC 2004-2006 Subaru STI (yellow-top) injectors, they are side-feed and are drop-in for the phase 2 rails (or phase 1 rails with the adapters). There are a plethora of choices which you can and should discuss with the vendor, most of our vendors are happy to talk to you about your goals and what their offerings are.

I suggest you read up on the basics of gasoline internal combustion and the "everything you need to know" thread stickied in Z32 general, it has a lot of very good information that anyone should know before jumping down the upgrade rabbit hole.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”