upgrading 07 G35X brakes to larger Sport Coupe Brakes

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
JerryCan
Car: 07 G35X

Has anyone changed over there brakes to the Sport coupe Brakes, that are 1/2" wider. What difference is there in braking? What is involved do I just change the rotors calipers and pads or is more involved?
I am currently running slotted and dimpled rotors with EBC blue stuff pads. I am very happy with the current brakes but am just about due for new brakes and am wondering what kind of improvements I could make without braking the bank.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

In order to change over brakes to any other vehicle, you would need the calipers, rotors, pads and brackets from that vehicle. In your case, I wouldn't waste anytime. Now if you want a real upgrade, you can go with the AKEBONO Caliper setup from the G37/370z Sport models.

https://www.tunerzstore.com/akebono-bra ... 5-g37-370z

iggy1718
Car: 08 G35xS

I have a 08g35xS with the smallest brakes they use. I warp the rotors constantly and I will be upgrading the rears to the bigger sport brakes (non akebonos). Standard brakes are 12.1" inches, sport brakes are 13" and the akebonos are 13.8". Bigger is always better when it comes to brakes. From the pictures I've seen the caliper and bracket are different and use the same knuckle with the larger rotor. Its $1500+ for the akebono set but only a couple hundred for this upgrade. Im starting with the rear first since that's the worst on my car.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”