upgrades/warranty

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
07AltimaGirl
Car: 2007 Altima 2.5

i was looking to get a cold air intake system but im not sure which one..suggestions? would this make it run abnormally in the winters? does anyone know if upgrading engine or exhaust will void the nissan warranty?

gatorglaze
Car: 08 Nissan Altima Sedan

No cold air intakes for our cars yet, not enough room in the engine bay. But you can get a short ram intake, look up fujita, its the cheapest one out of the several and works just as good as all the others. Injen charges an extra 100 for a piece of metal that doesn't really do much. (Heatshield)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnNvVMkCzE

Old video.

07AltimaGirl
Car: 2007 Altima 2.5

oooh thanks : ) do u know if adding that would effect the warranty? my friend said it would with her car but shes got a ford.

gatorglaze
Car: 08 Nissan Altima Sedan

Technically, no but if your dealership feels like being a d!ck he can void it. But the actual rule is as long as the problem with your car isnt caused by an aftermarket part then it shouldn't effect a thing. I have a few things on my car and i bring it into nissan and they dont say sh*t. Nothing has gone wrong that was the fault of the aftermarket parts.

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

The Magnuson Moss warranty act states that for them to deny warranty because of a part that they have to prove that it was responsible for failure. That being said Nissan is known to be a pain about covering known problems in the first place, so if your concerned I would see if anyone has experience with your dealer to see how they are at covering claims.

flame1

07AltimaGirl wrote:oooh thanks : ) do u know if adding that would effect the warranty? my friend said it would with her car but shes got a ford.
Just remove it and add stock when you will need to return it to dealership

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”