Upgrades to Quest SV

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
DavidLeoWard
Car: 2017 Nissan Quest SV

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2017 Nissan Quest SV (it was a rental vehicle owned by Enterprise). I would like to add auto headlights and heated mirrors. Has anyone here done any upgrades to their SV? Additionally, the Quest had 50k plus miles on it, should I have a CVT fluid change done on it? The transmission seems to operate correctly but I want to maximize my utility for the vehicle.

David Ward
Memphis, Tennessee

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

CVT fluid changes should be like once or twice a year, should they not? I would change it just to be on the safe side.

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

DavidLeoWard wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm
Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2017 Nissan Quest SV (it was a rental vehicle owned by Enterprise). I would like to add auto headlights and heated mirrors. Has anyone here done any upgrades to their SV? Additionally, the Quest had 50k plus miles on it, should I have a CVT fluid change done on it? The transmission seems to operate correctly but I want to maximize my utility for the vehicle.

David Ward
Memphis, Tennessee
Hi David. We bought the same vehicle through Enterprise too (2017 SV with 38k on it) this past June. We really like it.

If you have an Android phone you can use the CVTz50 app (requires a Bluetooth OBDII adapter) and you see the actual CVT fluid condition as recorded by the CVT, as well as dynamic CVT temp and other useful data. The service manual says the fluid should be changed at around 60k miles (depending on service conditions) so it wouldn't hurt to change it in your case. Don't know if you intended to do it yourself? The CVT fluid replacement procedure in the service manual is kind of extensive.

Paul

Return to “Quest Forum”