looking for suggetions on upgrades for 350z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
jletteri20
Car: pearl white 2004 350z

my 2004 pearl white 350z has about 130k miles on it. completely stock except for a new radio i just put in and subs will probably come next also a k&n short ram exhaust was put in when i got it. it still runs pretty good and i want to do some performance upgrades and a list of cosmetic upgrades. cosmetic upgrades include an r35 body kit, racing seats, racing steering wheel, r35 cf hood, cf spoiler, headlights, tail lights, etc. ill take any suggestions on what people think on that but the main purpose im posting is that i want to do more performance upgrades and i was looking for suggestions. like i mentioned before as far as performance the k&n exhaust is the only think that isnt stock. im already about to upgrade my rims and tires. should i get a cold air intake or stick with the short ram? i heard good things about both. also is it worth saving up for a turbo, cats, catback exhaust? or would it make more sence to put in a new engine first? are there any other performance upgrades that i didnt mention that i should look into as well?
Thanks for any suggestions

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Avoid any hood with "vents" they allow moisture in and lead to problems down the road as well as usually being heavier than stock aluminum piece. Intake, headers, high flow cats all yield single digit gains, the plenum spacer is the best bang for the buck mod. A Turbo while having a higher cost is also one of the best bang for the buck mods when you do the math.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

You've listed a pretty wide range of things you'd like to do to your car. I've got three questions for you...

What's your budget?
What's your timetable?
How much downtime are you willing to deal with?

Welcome to NICO! :badger

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”