upgrades

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Axelpkt
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder 5spd

this question is really for nistech

i have a 02 pathfinder 5spd, and i was wondering how different is the 350z's 3.5L from mine? meaning what 350z upgrades will work without too much hassle.

NISTECH

Here comes the dumb question. How is it your pathfinder is a 5spd??? The 3.5 pathfinder as I recall didnt have a 5spd option. At least not in the US. As far as engine mods I think the biggest differences are the intake, exhaust piping and the biggest ECM programming.

Axelpkt

yeah i get that a lot. they made pathfinders with a 5spd up till 02, but finding a 3.5 5spd is rare, i found mine on ebay. so in theory most 350z bolt on upgrades should work. what i am really looking for is a set of headers for my truck.

NISTECH

The headers might not fit. They will bolt to the engine but becuase the engine sits higher in the engine bay the pipe may hit the firewall instead of going underneath. You would have to try and locate a set for the pathfinder or get the 350 header and have them refabbed by a machine shop.

NISTECH

As far as the trans I will have to go look in the service manual on your vehicle cause I swear they didnt have a manual option on there. But I could be wrong. I cant remember every option on every car.

NISTECH

Well damn learn something knew everyday.

I find the more I learn, the more I learn I dont know.

Appearantly the pathfinder offered a manual trans all the way to 2004. Go figure. Dont see them much though.

Axelpkt

whats your opinion on underdrive pulleys? i have seen mixed reviews on them

NISTECH

I havent done enough of my own research or read up on the underdrive pully thing so I cant really comment.

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

Depending on how many accessories you are running... I might pass on the UD pulleys, that and it will probably be a minimal gain (not sure though). Intake and exhaust are probably your best bets.

I have a 01 5spd 4x4 SE model... 3.5L with the 5spd rocks!

Not sure what tires you're running, but the 255/70/16's I have are excellent off road and on... look good too.

If yours doesn't have the lsd from the tow package, I would recommend it if you don't (mine has it, but not the tow package... bought it second hand, so I don't know why).

My big thing I would like to know is if the SC or turbo kits for the Z will fit our motors... let me know if you figure that one out.

As for the headers, if the make "shorty" headers for the Z that would probably be your best option, as you will probably be able to fab up a H-pipe or X-pipe that you can mate up to them and do what you want from then back. Shorties will probably only come off of the block a few inches, so no/minimal clearance issues should occur. Granted no guarantees.

Let me know what you find out. Yet, I'm still thinking about swapping out the 3.5L for a Patrol's turbo diesel though...

Axelpkt

Yeah I have already givin up on the underdrive pulley idea. It was just something I saw that looked cool. Right now I am going to focus on making it look good and save up do the exhaust over (nismo high flow cats, 2.25 pipes into a dual in dual out ravin muffler no resonators ). I am definetly going to do more research on headers, cuz i think that would be totaly badass.

I have the stock tires on it (I think they are 255/70/16) and I no complaints about them. And I will prob keep them till i decide to lower my truck.

Like your truck I have LSD but no tow package, kinda wierd.

As for the SC/turbo I have heard of people putting them into Pathys but its tricky and a lot of work its not as "easy" as putting in a Z.
Modified by Axelpkt at 5:57 AM 8/27/2005

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”