SR20 - upgrades before tuning

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

so far I only have an intake, and down pipe. I am getting exhaust and walbro 255lph fuel pump soon so that'll be out of the way. I read the thread on top and along some research and I'm came to the idea that I need the following:

apexi afc, adjustable aculator, z32 maf, intake for z32, 550cc injectors

I don't plan to do get cams, pistons, rod, valves and other engine stuff, just want to run on stock internal. I plan to up the boost to 12~15 psi

1) have I missed anything else? anything else i need for tuning?2) what's a decent but not so expensive 550cc injectors I can buy?3) I was looking on ebay and found some sard 550cc injectors, is it okay to buy used injectors? they also said it is the gallery type which has 4 side feed. This is apparently the type, can someone shed me in on the differerence in brand and types of feeds?4) speaking of injectors, how about fuel rails? fuel regulators? I don't see it mentioned in the sticky thread and phase2 didn't mention it to me...

robbbby

You can 'tune' your car without buying that stuff. If you plan to keep stuff stock you would be wasting your money IMO going and buying a z32 maf and 550's. You don't need those to reach your goal of 12-15psi (which is the max anyways) on the stock t25. Only thing I would recommend is getting the new fuel pump and a larger exhaust system. Also if you are running the stock side mount you won't get much more than 10-11psi I believe.

Also to answer your first question about tuning. If you plan on tuning yourself you will need an wideband O2 sensor and some sort of piggyback computer to make proper fuel adjustments.

Fenvy

i have a t28 single bearing, not much better but suppose to spool up faster. to run over 12psi, I get people saying that I need injectors and others saying that I don't.

It would make sense that I need more fuel and more air to compensate for more boost. At least, that's what I am lead to believe.

S13240

Stock smic can handle pretty much almost any boost just as long as you're not over doing it and giving enough air flow to the ic.

Pretty much you are going to have to go get a dyno tune done to really see if you really do need injectors. Z32 air flow meter is a must though.

Fenvy

hm let me post my setup so maybe we can figure this out

Nissan S13 SR20DET Black Top Garrett T28 Single Ball Bearing TurboGReddy Type S Blow Off ValveGReddy VSPL Intercooler GReddy Air Filter HKS 75mm Front Pipe

if z32 afm is needed then apexi is a must too? can you give me some information about injectors and whether I need fuel regulator/rail or not so I can get them al lbefore tuning?

robbbby

Ahh, would of helped if you had your setup listed in your first post .

I'd get some 550's, z32 and something like a safc to run the z32 and control the 550's and call it a day. I don't think a FPR is necessary unless you want to go higher than the base SR pressure which is 34psi i believe.

Return to “Engine Tuning”