Upgrade questions...

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Matthew

Ok, i had my heart set on a turbo honda car (right now i have a hybrid crx, and a uninstalled turbo kit), but deep down inside i really want something RWD. I've been looking into the CA18DET swap for a s13 240....but i have a few questions...Also, i've helped my friend with his turbo b13 SE-R, so i know about the upgrading of Mass Air flow sensor (he actually used one from a Mustang Cobra), and have a little insight into the Nissan world.What i am curious of is, if the turbo from later Silvia's fit the stock cad18det manifold and downpipe? And is it the standard garret t3 flange, between the turbo and manifold?

Also, what type of power would someone excpect from a properly tuned setup, running 15psi on a newer t-25, with an upgraded intercooler, injectors, MAF sensor, fuel pump? I also already have a s-afc i bought for my turbo project, so i would be able to lean/rich the MAF input single, and to get the car to idle with big injectors.And finally, the stock hp is ~175 on these right? but what is the boost set at?thanks!!-matt

Daunttless

Boost is at 7 psi.

Its a T25 flange, all the SR engines also have a T25 flange. The Silvia turbo will fit right on. The later Silvia turbos are T28s, the S13 redtop and blacktop are the only T25s. They both bolt on though.

I wouldn't run 15 psi on a T25, I"d stop at like 13 or 14, thats the absolute limit on the turbo and it won't last a real long time at that much boost. A T28 from a S14 or S15 would survive longer there.

At 13 or so psi with the upgrades you mentioned you'd probably put out 220-230 rwhp.

Stock horsepower is 175 at the flywheel.

WhItES13

Hey Daunt i got a few questions about the CA. I would like to swap the CA in but it only has 175hp stock, but i like the fact that the parts are available in the US(right???). So my question what would i run 1/4 mile time stock? and what kind of upgrades would i need to get about 230-250rwhp? Thanks!!!

Daunttless

with a S13 turbo you can run 220 rwhp pretty easy. 100% stock it will only be a touch faster than the KA.

ca18datsun510
Car: bmw 330i zhp, 91 infiniti m30, 89 240sx, 07 zx6r, 05 trx450r

7psi? i read on some website from australia that it was 12. than on some other site it said 10. where did you get your info? it really doesnt matter, cause im gonna crank it up anyway. im just curious.

Duantless : are you gonna carry aftermarket parts when your store opens? the only aftermarket parts i can find for the motor are from JUN, and know one seems to be able to get them, or even get me prices. HKS has stuff on there japanese website, but that doesnt really help me. you know of any others?

Daunttless

its 7 psi. : )

I'm going to carry a full line of goods for the SR, CA, and RB motors. GReddy, Blitz, and Apexi. I'm working on JUN right now, I'll also have normal parts. I won't have HKS for now, but I hope to expand to HKS as well by early next year. : )

BenTaylor200

In the UK the factory boost level for the CA is 10psi.

With the usual bolt ons, a T28, 440cc injectors and a remapped ecu you'll be looking at around 300bhp at the flywheel

Daunttless

Japanese specs put it at 7 psi. : ) Its very possible that the engines have different boost in different countries, OR just that the Japanese figures are wrong again, and they didn't lie to the rest of the world. : ) 276 bhp R34 GT-R....right. : )

BenTaylor200

Its likely that they run different levels. The engines aren't actually identical, the head from the UK CA18DET is actually quite different to the Japanese version, it has a 4 port inlet rather than the messy 8 port butterfly arrangement...

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”