Upgrade Manual Climate To Digital Climate Control?

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
xwizkidx
Car: 95 Altima GXE RIP
97 Altima SE
92 240sx SE Hatch RIP
89 240sx SE Hatch KA(DE)-t

Is there a way i can go to a junk yard and grab the climate control with tht digital features and hook it up in mine with thte manual climate control? i have a 1995 Nissan Altima. i know id need to grab the sensor thats on the dash also buy would it be somewhat easy or just hell? just an idea to make my car feel newer lol

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You would need the climate control. and all sensors and wiring. There is probably more to it as well. The general consensus is that it costs way too much to do the conversion.

xwizkidx
Car: 95 Altima GXE RIP
97 Altima SE
92 240sx SE Hatch RIP
89 240sx SE Hatch KA(DE)-t

now what if i could get the whole system real cheap from alocal junkyard.. saying parts price wouldnt be an issue. how much work is it all together? is it just wiring the sensor and the in dash dials is there like any diffrence in the ducts or system all together?

korrupt1
Car: 95 altima

while not the same car, this is essentially the same theory.

I used to own Acura Legends religiously....some models came with Climate Controls while certain others did not. we would reguarly swap them out....yes its work, getting wiring in place, correct sensor placement...etc....but its not impossible. time consuming to be sure.

even the first gen Legends (G1's had some climate control, and dictated what year and trim level you had...G2's (91-95) also were the same in this respect)

thing about undertaking that sort of project is to know your time frame, have it all laid out before you prior to tearing into your car.....best bet would be to find a car in local yard...get all the parts you will need....research these BEFORE going to yard because invariably some idiot will take that one piece you wind up needing that you didnt know you needed....time your project to coincide with the weather as much as possible...doing something to this degree in the beginning of summer...and you will be cursing yourself to death because of it. same with winter (if its any where near cold where you live....I live in AZ so its pretty much always like being in Satans basement)....

plan plan plan!!!!!! then execute.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”