Upgrade LED license plate light bulbs for G35

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Nguyen9557
Car: 04 G35 Coupe with Volk LE-37's

First of all I would like to say that I am a proud new member here. I just ordered these upgrade led license plate light bulbs for my 04 G35 Coupe from eautoworks.com. They were $15. I think they are the only upgrade license plate bulbs for the G35 Coupe. Supposedly, they will make the light a super bright white color over the license plate. The upgraded bulbs come in a pair of two. After I saw the picture on the internet, I ran dowstairs to my car to look at how the current license plate is at a closer look. Just as I thought, it was an faded yellow, orangish color. Real cheap looking! You know why the ad for the bulbs caught my attention? Because I'll never forget noticing how bright and beautiful the lights on the new Lexus GS's license plate looks. That little bright light makes the tail end look so much better. Also, I am installing a license plate backup camera to my factory navi screen in a few days so I could use that extra brightness I'm thinking. Tell me what you guys think of this and if any of you have done it or seen it done.

2004 G35 Coupe Silver Factory NavigationSirius SatelliteTintedVolk LE-37's with Toyo T1R's Clear CornersTail light inletsNissan and Skyline emblemsAEM Cold Air IntakeNismo Caps Nismo brushed aluminum license plate frames.

comin in a few days, Motordyne 1/16" plenum spacer and license plate backup camera with interface.

Things are comin together here. I think that's gonna be it for a while.

Rooster Cogburn
Car: 2006 G35

I have a g35 sedan and would like to get those, where did u get them?

I love the way they look on the new lexus,.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Congrats on your purchases and welcome to NICO!!

You had better post pics or else

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

niiiiccceee

ah ..... pics please

zozoka

Nguyen9557

This is Nguyen again, after ordering the LED lights for the license plate, I realized that there is a pretty vast selection as far as LED light upgrades for the license plate. I spoke with the guy at eautoworks the day after I purchased the lights online and he told me I should change the lights I got to the wide angle leds. go to eautoworks and you will be able to see the options as far as LED light upgrades for your car. They are pretty expensive on this site compared to other sites, but the info is really well laid out for you on that site. The ones I got were the T11 wide angle bright whites, they have five LED bulbs on each wedge light. The guy at eautoworks told me he thought they were the best option for my car (04 G35 Coupe. ) They were 19.95 I believe for the pair. I think the white light would probably look best. Remember, I am installing a license plate back up camera (by Mito) in a few days. So I don't think a blue light let's say would show up on the screen so good. Anyway, even if I wasn't getting the camera, I'd go with bright white. I'm trying to go for the same color as I saw on the new GS's license plate light. It might be white/blue. I can't wait to see how they look though. I will post pics some time after I install the lights and my back-up camera. I'm taking the car into Beach Autosound in Huntington Beach on Beach Blvd. to do the camera install. From what I've heard, they are really good. They said they can hook up the interface for the camera right behind the radio, so you won't even be able to see it. He said that there is plenty of room behind the radio. That's cool that it will be hidden. He said he can hook it up so that even while I'm driving in drive, I can press a button to see the license plate camera's view. I'll probably install that button, otherwise I will only be able to see the camera in reverse. Right??? Just waiting patiently for my parts.

alik
Car: 2007 G35 Sport

is this what you bought?

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-33223.cfm

Will it fit on the 2007 G35?

Thank You

wgmg35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 6MT RAS Sport Coupe

You can get LED bulbs here. You need a 168 for license plate light.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Nguyen9557

Nguyen9557 wrote:First of all I would like to say that I am a proud new member here. I just ordered these upgrade led license plate light bulbs for my 04 G35 Coupe from eautoworks.com. They were $15. I think they are the only upgrade license plate bulbs for the G35 Coupe. Supposedly, they will make the light a super bright white color over the license plate. The upgraded bulbs come in a pair of two. After I saw the picture on the internet, I ran dowstairs to my car to look at how the current license plate is at a closer look. Just as I thought, it was an faded yellow, orangish color. Real cheap looking! You know why the ad for the bulbs caught my attention? Because I'll never forget noticing how bright and beautiful the lights on the new Lexus GS's license plate looks. That little bright light makes the tail end look so much better. Also, I am installing a license plate backup camera to my factory navi screen in a few days so I could use that extra brightness I'm thinking. Tell me what you guys think of this and if any of you have done it or seen it done.

2004 G35 Coupe Silver Factory NavigationSirius SatelliteTintedVolk LE-37's with Toyo T1R's Clear CornersTail light inletsNissan and Skyline emblemsAEM Cold Air IntakeNismo Caps Nismo brushed aluminum license plate frames.

comin in a few days, Motordyne 1/16" plenum spacer and license plate backup camera with interface.

Things are comin together here. I think that's gonna be it for a while.
Those were the ones I originally ordered but then I called them the next day and changed the order to the wide angle version of that. The wide angle ones are only 5 leds (four pointing outward and one pointing down. They are a few bucks more, but it's probably because it's better. You will see it is listed above the T11 6 LED bulb you mentioned (scroll up a little from the one you mentioned and look for wide angle in the print. You can also see the picture of the bulb is different. I just installed them today and I am happy with it. It is dark now and I have seen them already in the dark. It is pretty much what I expected. The light casting angle on the wide angle T11's or whatever they're called is 110 degrees compared to only like 20 or 30 degrees on the regular LEDs. You just need a flathead screwdriver to pop those the two lens off. I stopped by this stereo shop in Long Beach to have the guys pop em on real quick and you won't believe what they told me at first. The dude try to say that they might have to take the bumper off first, and it might cost about $85. I was like, that doesn't make any sense at all. I had already taken a peek down there and it looked like it was pretty simple, a flathead needed that's all. I stood around and after second looks, they told me taking the bumper off wasn't needed. Can you believe that bull****!! They tried to pull a quick one on me. Shady mother****ers! I think if I was not there watching and waiting the whole time, they would of tried to charge me $85 dollars. Oh yeah, and that sound shop is Sound Tech in Long Beach on Carson and Cherry. I have a ****load of money so I could care less about things like that but it tells me a little something about them. They ended up charging me $20, the amount I originally offerred them to pop the LEDs on. I will post pics as soon as my car is ready. I am installing the license plate backup camera tomorrow. I got it in the mail today and it looks real smooth, real nice (Mito License plate back up camera. I purchased it from autoanything.com. Pretty nice looking license plate camera compared to some others I have seen. I am waking up early in the morning to install the thing at Beach Autosound in Huntington Beach. My brother told me today that the shop is the one who did all the cars for the civic tour. You know Civic Tour that is advertised all over magazines and stuff? Anyway, I don't like flashy show cars anyway but I know they got experience if they had that contract. Can't wait to see, it will be the best backup camera setup/install ever for a G35 Coupe.

kdfja1

hey nguyen i was just wondering why u let a shop install it for u? i just went to the back of my car and poped mine out also because i'm planning to get new bulbs for my license plate, side markers and my side housing bulbs also. it took like 3mins, popped the housing out with my fingers, and the bulb came out easily. Is there some adapter or special wiring you have to do with these http://www.eautoworks.com/html...thumb or can u just install them yourself. also can these bulbs work on the side markers? And also i'll prolly need less intense bulbs for my housing so they dont melt it right?

Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

OK, got a different question.....will the same light that fits in the side bumper lights also fit in the headlight housing for the light strip ? i think they are 194's i wanna make the dull yellow light, a bright white ! any help is greately appreciated !

Thanks

kmech_7
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe (Skyline) Vortech Supercharged Jul 08 ROTM

yep....same bulb. 194's

Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

does it need to be led lights ? which lights should I use to prevent them burning out? led or non led ?

thanks !

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”