Upgrade 2012 Rogue infotainment w/ apple carplay?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
FTRPresentation
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL

I stumbled upon this forum last week and it's an impressive group you have here. Happy to have joined.

A few months ago, we bought a 2012 Nissan Rogue SL with just 53,000 miles. I'm not a huge car guy, but both my parents had Rogues and one of my brothers did. Always liked Nissan and I knew this would get the job done (which it has).

I'm also not one for a lot of bells and whistles. But after using a 2022 Ford Edge as our loaner car when they did some service to the Rogue, it hit me ... I need something different in my life. I need to do something about my infotainment.

I have SiriusXM, the backup 360 camera, etc. But the car didn't come with a navigation SD card. And as you know - you need to plug in your phone to play music and to use Waze, as the only bluetooth is used for calls (makes no sense, c'mon Nissan). And even that, the connector isn't always reliable, sometimes cutting out saying device isn't connected.

I'm sorry for the longwinded post, I guess my question comes down to - can someone point me in the direction to making an upgrade for installing a new in-dash infotatinment system (with apple carplay)? I spoke to Best Buy Geek Squad, they seem to have what I need, but they have all these hidden fees. The local Nissan dealer said their special service department would reach out to me but they still haven't. I've sent emails to a few car audio/video shops in the DC area, but nothing in response yet.

Should I keep my pursuit up for upgrading...or should I just end up buying the First Gen SD Card for navigation? Is their nav card worth it? And do I definitely have to get the v11 or is one of the older versions serviceable (they are hard to find).

Thanks gang and hope I didn't bog down the board.
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

FTRPresentation
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL

How about if I just settle on getting the SD card for now and then upgrade to aftermarket or whatever in-dash later?

If I do that…in the 2012 Nissan Rogue SL, can I play radio with the navigation going on?

Thanks.

Return to “Rogue Forum”