Updating 2014-2016 Bose Radio with a 2017.5 on Apple Car Play unit

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
andybee101

I have loved using Apple's CarPlay in a few rental cars recently, so have been searching to see if anyone has looked into replacing an earlier (T32 chassis) head unit with a new 2017.5 or 2018 head unit which has Android and Apple on it.

Some people on one of the Maxima forums have done it and the radio looks rather similar.

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generatio ... lay-7.html

They were initially told you couldn't do it due to various wiring, but then others noted the connectors were the same.

Anyway, anyone done any exploring? (I appreciate you could replace with a non OEM unit, but want to explore this route first. :werd:

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

andybee101 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 pm
I have loved using Apple's CarPlay in a few rental cars recently, so have been searching to see if anyone has looked into replacing an earlier (T32 chassis) head unit with a new 2017.5 or 2018 head unit which has Android and Apple on it.

Some people on one of the Maxima forums have done it and the radio looks rather similar.

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generatio ... lay-7.html

They were initially told you couldn't do it due to various wiring, but then others noted the connectors were the same.

Anyway, anyone done any exploring? (I appreciate you could replace with a non OEM unit, but want to explore this route first. :werd:
I am actually looking around to replace my crappy Navigation with Bose unit for an Android Auto with Bose unit, and apparently Nissan doesn't sell this HU as a separate part. I can confirm this with the sales and parts people in two different Nissan dealerships. The best place is to look on eBay to get the HU and search around the interwebs for the appropriate adapters to make to work. Since you are using that low-end rigged technology brand's in-car infotainment system in rental cars, you can get a setup from Alibaba or Aliexpress and connect it to your exsisting HU.

andybee101

I've seen a new unit listed for $1300 US recently, but not from a Nissan dealer. No way I'm paying that (our old Murano was broken into 4yrs ago and the radio was wrecked. That has built in HVAC controls and Nissan Canada wanted almost 3k- so expected as much).

So, if I go ahead with this, I'll be looking at eBay, Car-Part.com, breakers etc. Its mainly the wife's car as I have something more fun, so an OEM unit is apparently a requirement..... ;)

andybee101

bump as I'm going to revisit this. Found people saying it works on the Murano and Maxima, but not sure about the Rogue as there is stil speculation connectors are different. Anyone?

Return to “Rogue Forum”