Updated Navigation for a 2005 FX 35.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
scottschweiger
Car: 2005 Infinity FX 35

walked off the lot with my 2005 FX 35 today and like it. The rep took an updated Nav disc (I believe 6.6 or something and definitely an 07' upgrade disc); but it didn't work. So I had to temprorarily use the 2004 upgrade disc that came with the car.

Should I just go to Infinity Dealer and ask them the deal? I live in suburban Chicago, lot's of new highways and roads/and travel the tri-state area.

Thoughts? I am obviously trying to not have to buy some $80 upgrade.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

scottschweiger wrote:walked off the lot with my 2005 FX 35 today and like it. The rep took an updated Nav disc (I believe 6.6 or something and definitely an 07' upgrade disc); but it didn't work. So I had to temprorarily use the 2004 upgrade disc that came with the car.

Should I just go to Infinity Dealer and ask them the deal? I live in suburban Chicago, lot's of new highways and roads/and travel the tri-state area.

Thoughts? I am obviously trying to not have to buy some $80 upgrade.
Besides the new DVD disc, there is also a disc that "flashes" your system to prepare it for use with the updated DVD, that is probably why it didn't work, ask the dealer for that disc as well.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”