Update on my Datsun

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
zandercage5
Car: Datsun 620

I have replaced the head gasket, the distributor cap, the spark plug wires, I am going to replace the points, the thermostat, and rebuild the carb. I am hoping to have it on the road for next week. Im hoping that rebuilding the carb will fix the idle issues. It idles when it wants to I don't know what is wrong. I have a few sets of rims and tires, but the person who is going to sell them to me wants to see the truck first to see fit they are going to fit. Hopefully I will be able to post photos soon.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Nice.

What exactly does, idles when it wants to mean? Idles rough? lopes?

zandercage5

It will idle like normal but only every once in while. Most of the time it will stall out or idle really really low. I think the jets need to be cleaned. If you could ive me some pointers or some advise on what i should seeing I never rebuilt a carb before.

zandercage5

Plus my reverse lights wont come on when I put it in reveres. What's up with that?! Now I found a small hole in the floor of the cab (bondo time). The truck also smells like gas is leaking but there's no leak on the tank or any other spot I have seen.

moparvwfreak
Car: 1973 Datusn 620 4 spd(sold), 1973 Datsun 620 5spd, 1993 BMW 325I, various VWs and now a CB7 Accord

zandercage5 wrote:Plus my reverse lights wont come on when I put it in reveres. What's up with that?! Now I found a small hole in the floor of the cab (bondo time). The truck also smells like gas is leaking but there's no leak on the tank or any other spot I have seen.
reverse lights not working is most likely the switch in the trans. as for the fuel smell, it could be the rubber hose for the filler inlet is not tight. my 78 smells like that and i have gotten some fuel spillage when filling.

zandercage5

I tried to find the switch on the trans but could not. I will check that gas line asap. I started to hook up my new tachometer. I want to post pics but the site wont let me. Help me

Return to “Datsun 620”