Update gauge cluster

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Pslsurf15
Car: 1990 GTR BNR32

I would like to update my cluster with another Nissan set. If I was to put in say a 370Z or Skyline 350GT (Infiniti G35 here in Japan) cluster, how would I keep my 4wd and power steering since the speedometer requires that input on 32's. Can I use a R33 electronic one and figure it out from there or any other methods?

Pslsurf15

I have figured out how to run the electronic gauges I want but now I am wondering how to address the speed signal going to the ECU issue.I know its pin 53 on the ECU but not sure how to give it the correct signal. I have seen this question on other forums but they just died out before an answer was found.

Wildtraveler
Car: 2012 mazdaspeed
1989 BNR32

Good luck and give us a detailed write up when you get it figured out! :dblthumb:

whitetiger777
Car: 1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R

You can always have gauge faces custom made

Pslsurf15

whitetiger777 wrote:You can always have gauge faces custom made
I could but after seeing how clean it looks in the dash and the price of an R43 MFD being too expensive, I wanted to make something more affordable.

Pslsurf15

As of now, I have an Arduino UNO for my analog to digital conversion. I will be using my raspberry Pi 3 with a 7" LCD touchscreen for the display. I'll try to use the stock wiring for the inputs as to not be cutting everything up. The 3 from the triple gauge should be easy since they are already located in the center. I will run an aftermarket oil pressure sending unit since the stock one isn't the most reliable. This will be a start and then I'll build off this to include more. This is a process since I'm also taking 6 classes this semester but don't worry I won't let this thread die off like the many I have searched for.

Pslsurf15

Update: This semester of classes has been rough so far with taking a lot of my time. I have sourced a GTS-T gauge cluster for my template since it is the same size. The program that I will be using in order to design the layout is called Kanzi. My goal is create something similar to the new Audi dash and the new Escalade. This is still a learning process so I hope to have some pics soon.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”