Unstable Hybrids Turbo Manifold

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
ziggy682
Car: 1991 240SX Turbo

Has anyone actually used this manifold yet?

http://www.unstable-hybrids.co...ducts

http://www.unstable-hybrids.co...ducts

I'll be buying a manifold for my turbo project within a week, and I'm still undecided on manifolds. I had decided on a manifold from http://www.etdracing.com/, but the development on it won't be done for a few months.

The only other options I know of in the $400-$500 range are the revhard and realnissan manifold.

I've heard some bad things about the revhard manifold, but haven't heard anything about realnissan's. Does anyone have any experience with it?

JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

I have not seen any post where anyone has used them.

Sorry I am no help. I too would like to know how they do.

Flamereka
Car: 89 240sx, 96 240sx,98 subaru 2.5rs, 07 wrx

there was a recent thread about them that someone said they looked liek they wouldn't flow that well. Looks just like the revhard. I woudl go with revhard since they seem to be both cast. The unstable just looks coated. Plus revhard has redesigned their manifold from what I hear and all new ones ordered are the second gen. Is this tru people?

ziggy682
Car: 1991 240SX Turbo

Flamereka wrote:there was a recent thread about them that someone said they looked liek they wouldn't flow that well. Looks just like the revhard. I woudl go with revhard since they seem to be both cast. The unstable just looks coated. Plus revhard has redesigned their manifold from what I hear and all new ones ordered are the second gen. Is this tru people?

The UH manifold is not cast. It looks like it is made from weldels. I heard that revhard was redesigning their manifold, but I didn't know it was done yet.

JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

Wasn't F-max or N Sport willing to sell the manifold seperate from the system?

Thinking like it was N Sport.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

ziggy682 wrote:I've heard some bad things about the revhard manifold, but haven't heard anything about realnissan's. Does anyone have any experience with it?
the realnissan manifold for the DE is the revhard manifold.

-demetrius

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

You can order the F-Max manifold and downpipe separately...

$650 for the manifold$350 for the downpipe

A little high in my opinion, but there aren't many choices out there. Those prices were from http://www.turbokits.com, so there might be a chance of getting them cheaper if F-Max would answer any of their e-mails. I believe they were just bought out by Turbonetics, so that might be why.

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

that UH manifold looks like real crummy welds...The revHard is cast that is for sure, I seen one in person...not to special...the UH one looks like it may flow better but I would put in in my car is looks like crap...

That EDT Manifold they show for the 1.8 Miati looks sweet...I can't tell if it is Stainless? I would wait n go with them if you got the time to wait...I bet it will give more power alos looks to have equal lenght runners which is a great thing...

F-MAX cast manifold? if it is it cost them 5 dollars to make...for 650 you can get a sweet custom Stainless Steel Manifold and get real power...

GirlRacerS14
Car: Cars and motorcycles and racing both of them hard and fast

ziggy682 wrote:I've heard some bad things about the revhard manifold, but haven't heard anything about realnissan's. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I've got a revhard manifold and i haven't had any problems with it. Been on the car about a year now and i run it pretty hard. No cracks yet! :xfingers

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”