United Nations Will Investigate America for Racism

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

UNITED NATIONS - As an African American politician is set to assume for the first time in the country’s history the leadership of a major political party, a Geneva-based United Nations human rights investigator plans to come here next week to investigate whether racism plays a role in the presidential campaign, according to a statement released yesterday.

The special rapporteur on “contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia, and related intolerance,” Doudou Diène of Senegal, will arrive in America Monday for a two-week tour that will take him to Washington, New York, Chicago, Omaha, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Miami, and San Juan, Puerto Rico, according to the statement.

Mr. Diene “is scheduled to hold meetings with representatives of the government, both at national and local levels, and with members of the legislative and judiciary branches,” the statement said. He will also hobnob with “non-governmental organizations, community members, representatives of political parties, academics, and other organizations and individuals working in the field of racism and discrimination.”

America has accepted Mr. Diene’s request for an investigation. “As an open society, we will not shy away from investigation of our practice,” a spokesman for the American mission to the United Nations, Benjamin Chang, said. “We need to lead by example” in the field of openness to outside investigation, he added.

Last March a special Human Rights Council panel demanded an end to “racial profiling” of Americans of Arab, Muslim, and South Asian descent and to ensure “immigrants and non-nationals are not mistreated,” Reuters reported. It also criticized the use of the death penalty, which it said may be racially-based.

Rapporteurs are independent experts, and they report to the Human Rights Council – a U.N. organ that since its creation two years ago has been heavily criticized in America for concentrating most of its work on Israel. Last week the council failed to convene a meeting to address the growing human devastation in Burma. America has declined to run for a seat on the 47-member council, but it is the largest contributor to its budget. The General Assembly is expected to hold an election for new membership on the Human Rights Council next week.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Okay, I read that twice. Are they saying there is racism in American politics? why, because a half black, half white man is running for president?

I doubt Mr. Diene will find government sponsored racism. Let him come.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

This counsel, I beleive, is the one that keeps complaining about Israel and is made up primarily of islamic countries....

Maybe they should investigate Darfur and other areas where atrocities are happening? For the most part I think they need to butt the fuk out.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The UN is a joke. We fund the majority of what they do, yet have only a minimal say in how things are done.

The sooner we bail on the UN, the better off we'll be.

p.s. Hope his hotel is staffed by a lot of people who don't speak English.

EDIT - Is this guy's name really Doudou? I think he sent me a scam email once.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

AZhitman wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The UN is a joke. We fund the majority of what they do, yet have only a minimal say in how things are done.

The sooner we bail on the UN, the better off we'll be.

p.s. Hope his hotel is staffed by a lot of people who don't speak English.

EDIT - Is this guy's name really Doudou? I think he sent me a scam email once.
So... you think DouDou is full of crap?

audtatious

I think they and out gov't are full of crap. We need to do what is right for us first, then worry about other countries. It's our election so mind your own damn business

Return to “Politics Etc.”