Unexplained Engine Revving

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
kimbill

[
Unexplained engine revving.

The patient is a 2011 G37, automatic,coupe,85k mi.
I was entering a familiar down hill curve too fast, and hit the brakes firmly, no lock up. When we slowed down to a safer speed, I could hear the engine had revved up more than expected for that speed. I think it had down shifted. After a few seconds the rpm dropped to normal. What the hell was that? Then we had several days of trouble free shifting, until yesterday, it did it again when I came up on a string of stopped cars on the highway, I hit the brakes firmly , then the same brief engine revving just as the car slowed down. A second later the rpm dropped and we carried on.

What might be happening?

The first 85k miles have been 100% trouble free, just gas, oil, tires and brake pads.

Bill

‘71 VW Karmann Ghia coupe..... Most on this site are too young to remember the KG, nor sticking ones arm out the window to signal a turn. In Minnesota we opened the drive door signs a left. Too cold to poke ones arm out the window. Right turn was “just pay attention back there!” Damn, I’m old. In fact, a guy in a parking called out“ Whats an old guy doing driving a car like that?” After I punched him out we talked about the freshly $7000 red paint job on his ‘52 For pickup. You folks will just have to get used that stuff some day, but they don’t mean any disrespect. 😀

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Weird....I've only had it do similar when I had the car in sport mode but not when in normal drive.

I remember the KG, was not a fan. Wasn't a fan of the Porsche 914 of the era either. As time passes I've come to respect what they were but still would not want to own one :)

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”