understeer trying to get out of a drift

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
dohcness
Car: sr20 s14

i have an s14 with lsd sr20 exhaust intake t28 turbo and bigger injectors with stock suspension.. last night i was in a link drift (not to big when one way then went the other) and when i went to get out of it i had no control of the steering i tried to get the wheel straight then turn again it actually didnt help i just kept going straight no matter what way i turned the wheel... e-brake did nothing... i wound up with minor damage... but whatever... what could i do to get rid of this? im guessing camber suspension and control arms? that is what my friend told me

ka24eracer
Car: 180sx...

This is cause most of the time because of a slight hesitation on the trottle , dont be afraid to literally throw the car!

wannaslide
Car: r32 skyline

did you panic and lock the brakes on ? maybe the front Tyre pressure is to high im pretty sure that can cause understreer

dohcness

it might have been the tire pressure i actually never took that into consideration

wannaslide
Car: r32 skyline

what psi are set at ?

dohcness

wannaslide wrote:what psi are set at ?
i must have been at 29 now one of them is at zero because the tire popped off the bead lol

Joe

you noobed it up and understeered

parts arent going to fix the problem.

when you start to understeer stop hitting the gas. the biggest mistake new drivers make is they think they can just hit the gas or clutch kick and save it. no. once you understeer its over. slow down, try again on the next corner.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”