Uncultured swines: location or behaviour?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2018 Nissan Kicks SR

Uncultured swines: location or behaviour?

Postby datechboss101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:34 pm

So my family's 2nd car, 2017 Acura MDX, got vandalized within the same month that my Rogue got vandalized in the same ****ing city (Orlando, Florida). Now, what goes in the minds of these uneducated POS swines? Clearly, they decided to do this during broad daylight, where the van was parked at an area that my family members can see. And on top of it, Florida HWY Patrol (FHP) and Orange County Sheriffs (OCSD) did not want to help me due to the reason "I did not have enough information on the person(s)".

Also, is this issue dependent on location or dependent on the person behaviour?

If its location dependent, I'd have my entire family move down to Miami completely. If its behaviour dependent, then Orange County, Florida, State of Florida, and United States isn't taking this issue seriously.

RicerX
Administrator
Car: '18 Titan Pro4X, '18 Infiniti QX60

Re: Uncultured swines: location or behaviour?

Postby RicerX » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Um... bad people will do bad things... anywhere. And bad people suck. I'm not sure trading Orlando for Miami would help you in any way on that front. Also, police have to prioritize bad things that happen - Orlando had a vicious night club shooting not all that long ago where a bunch of people died, and things like that tend to take precedent over vandalism of a car. I know it sucks for you guys, but in the grand scheme of things, it's low on the totem pole for the police there. The good thing is you and your family are safe from harm - they make cars and car parts every single day.

What kind of vandalism happened to your car? Have you seen it as a trend in your area? If it's a repeated occurrence, a set of NetGear Arlo Pro cameras would be a great investment for catching the vandals in the act.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL
2018 Nissan Kicks SR

Re: Uncultured swines: location or behaviour?

Postby datechboss101 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Sorry for a late response! But, I am hearing from folks around the area that people are breaking into cars and similar stupid actions. However, the area is starting to stir up crime, since Orange County, Florida decided to put a boat load of apartments in the area that is typically filled with the working mid-class to rich class, and a high-school (who got the name as lockdown school since its opening in Aug 2017, for 3 lockdowns that school year) football stadium in our backyard. We actually looked into few cameras and watched a few instructional videos if we could DIY the project, but it looks like we need to hire a professional to do this job. I will definately look into the NetGear Arlo Pro cameras since we are still looking around the market.

Return to “General Chat”