Unbelievable-coworkers reaction to my loaner M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
yidal8

Took my 91Q for brake pads , diff. + p.steering fluids change . Instead of taking a loaner G , I thought it will be interesting to see how 'objective' people react to the M. So , I took the service Manager's own metalic red on graphite to work for the day .Some of you may know that I am contemplating this car ( my thread 'hell of a deal on an M' ) . I am shocked at the reaction at work . Everybody , young , old , and in between absolutely fell for it . I got so many positive comments , I just can not believe it .I don't know if the red exterior has anything to do with it , it does look very good on this car . Comments like : very sharp , hot looking , classy , the nicest Infiniti I've seen , beautifull , etc. Just reinforce my own thoughts about the M . But , really based on the not so positive comments in some magazies , what the hell do they know what people appreciate .Just amazing that Infiniti can not move a ton of them , specially with the very attractive pricing right now ( $6655 under sticker for fully loaded , minus the navi. is my best squeeze so far ).Really makes me scratch my head .

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I would put the 91 in B/S/T before the ink is dry on the repair order. :D

SOCAL91Q45a

I liked that M too ... rode to lunch in a clients very STOCk rig. Has all the bells whistles pretty much. His wasnt all dressed up ... he's not a 100% sold out car fanatic :-)

For that kinda money - I thought the rear seating was a bit scrunched ... Im 6' 2", and he s under six and I sat behind him on drivers side. Felt a tinge cramped. This was the ONLY issue I had - other than that - she's a beauty.

Next time - I get the keys :-)

Metroyed

The day Infiniti makes a full back seat is the day I buy a neon.

Jesda

Just moved to West St Louis, in a neighborhood full of millionaires. Ozzy Smith two blocks down!

I've seen so many Q45s, Gs, Ms, J, QX4s, FXs, and even M30s that I'm completely wound up with Infiniti lust. Seeing an M45 in your rear-view mirror is rather intimidating.

Cadillac appears to be the most popular brand here, with Infiniti second, Lexus third, trailed by Acura, Buick, and Lincoln.

-Jesda

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I think the car just doesnt photograph well.

I ran it by a couple of teenage girls and they <loved> it.

Fred...:)

Jason B

SOCAL91Q45a wrote:For that kinda money - I thought the rear seating was a bit scrunched ... Im 6' 2", and he s under six and I sat behind him on drivers side. Felt a tinge cramped. This was the ONLY issue I had - other than that - she's a beauty.

Next time - I get the keys :-)

One of the main reasons for this is because the gas tanks sits between the rear seat and the trunk. Most cars don't have it mounted their and put it under.

This holds true to the Q as well, but since it's longer, you get that extra rear seat room that you need.

Q:

nuQ
Car: 2003 M45.
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT

how did the loaner M compare to your Q, performance wise??? very noticeably faster?????? if had to replace my 90Q, it would be with either the G35coupe or the M!

tinted
Car: Computers

I think the M45 is absolutely amazing. I would love to have it in the future. It will be low-buck and have all the features of cars twice the price (used price)

(M45 is a constellation I guess??) :p

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Here are some pics!

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....+pics

Fred..:)

tinted
Car: Computers

wow, nice pics, how come we don't see theTony more often...

airman
Car: q45t

tinted wrote:I think the M45 is absolutely amazing. I would love to have it in the future. It will be low-buck and have all the features of cars twice the price (used price)

(M45 is a constellation I guess??) :p

M45 is an open star cluster Pleiades in Taurus constellation. Funny enough, this name sounds in Japanese as Subaru. So the automaker picked it up already. Although the beauty of this cluster matches more with Infiniti's automobile. The Subary can be called Quasar or something alike :)

ErikM3

With the pricing now is a great time to get an M45, I get good reactions to mine. It doesnt make people gawk like the FX but whatever, my M3 is for pimping anyway.

yidal8

nuQ : 91Q - Fast . 03G - Faster . 03Q - even faster . 03M - FASTEST . Yes , big , big difference . Also , much better brakes , suspension , handling , seats , highway quiteness , sportiness . Did I mention FAST ? The car is also very tight - rattle free , and very well composed all the way to the very highlimits . Steering is not as good as the old Q . Tranny can become nervous at times , hunting for the right gear , mainly at part - throttle . Dashboard layout not as classy as our Q . All in all - amazingly competent machine , at fire sale price .

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”