ultimate drifting set up

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
white240

what in your opinion is teh ulitmate drifitng set up from low prices to teh high prices, what is needed and what is not. let me head ya. keep the lines inteh s13 range.thanks

black180sx

form my experience, suspension is the biggest part to drift handling...like strut bars, sway bars, shocks/struts, springs/full coilovers.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

LSDLSDLSD

With that, you can drift on the stock suspension just fine. After that, in this order (IMO):

1. Wheels/tires 2. Struts/springs. I'd jump straight into a coilover setup like Jic or Tein.3. Stiffen the Chassis. Start w/ strut bars and sway bars.4. Quicker steering.5. Race seat.

PS - You'll need power at some point too. I'd say after the coilovers. Brakes should be done as well. At the very least, you'll want some ss lines with good fluid and pads.

PSS - Oh yeah, a driving school would be a real good idea too.:)

Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

would a staggered wheel size help? and when you say LSD does the VLSD count that came on the canadian 240's?

LarryStooge

Redline240 wrote:would a staggered wheel size help? and when you say LSD does the VLSD count that came on the canadian 240's?

nope, clutch type baby!

LarryStooge

white240 wrote:what in your opinion is teh ulitmate drifitng set up from low prices to teh high prices, what is needed and what is not. let me head ya. keep the lines inteh s13 range.thanks

ummm, theres no "ultimate" drifting setup, its based on style and preference. Theres also no "ultimate" setup for low pricing, because then things are compromised, and it's no longer "ultimate". If you'r looking for easy answers so you don't have to do research on parts you buy, then maybe you should find another hobby. Drifting is for the committed.

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

:Werd

Yes, people who want to get into drifting should realize that it's not cheap to build a car for drifting. I'm not saying you can't drift with a stock 240sx, cause you can. But along with spending a lot of money on your suspension and other stuff, your going to have to spend a lot of time and money on making repairs. For instance on thanksgiving weekend, I broke the fork ,that pushes on the throw out bearing, off of the bolt that holds it in place. I actually sheered the bolt in half(I'm sure the bolt has a name, but I don't know what it's called). And I just got my car running 2 days ago.

Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

StephNic wrote:nope, clutch type baby!

huh?

white240

shouldahve known i was gunna get bashed for using that word, ok so i have a front strut tower bar, when entering a turn the car pushed much less. thats a plus correct? se eim lost among the way i want things. do i want progress springs,or doi got eibach or tanabe. koni yellow adj or non adj. will tenson rods break easily?see im not some dork just looking for someone words to paly wityh .im just lost. my strut tower bar was also 40 bucks. i herd theretically they are "supposed " to work . so i didnt feel like buying a jic 150 dollar one. but help me out with names and all. not just ,upgrade teh suspension. will i be able to pull out menovers with springs or ami better off getting real coilovers? but hose cost soooo much.

LarryStooge

Redline240 wrote:huh?

clutch type LSDs. They use a series of clutches.

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

Get acustomed 2 dorifting ur car stock. Den as u progress, newer suspension pieces will "enhance" ur abilities. Drifting a car fully tuned a sh*t load different, especialy if uve barely used ur car and usually is a whole harder if u dont have a feel for it.Unless, ur Fujiwara Takumi.

and yes.....

LSDLSDLSDLSD!!!!!!

1.5way should be sufficent. (i thought they used spider gears?..)

p.s - chances are, ull be spendin more on repairs den on the aftermarket, I kno i have....

S13s Lost Illusion
Car: Drifting, Girls, Pool

that180guy wrote:Unless, ur Fujiwara Takumi...

hahaha

TRUE TRUE!!!:Werd

and we aren't all Fujiwara Takumi or Bunta!!!haha

johnpoppy

how about some nice stiff bushings

LarryStooge

johnpoppy wrote:how about some nice stiff bushings

I havent been able to find a bushing set like energy suspensions full set for the s14, for the s13. Not sure why they wouldnt make it for the s13 too.

F4ucc
Car: motorsports

Oh, did not know ST makes bushing for S14 only.Well, somehow you can get NISMO bushings with better quality.

just my thought.

SLIMMY240
Car: CARS, RACING

what do you think about the nismo lsd? its described as 2 way mechanical lsd. does that use clutches or is it spider gears. i think spider gears would give you inside wheel hop on regular turning wouldnt it?

Kinesthesia

I think I saw S13 bushings on pdm-racing.com.

I *heard* the Nismo lsd was good and *loud*.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”