U1000 and U1300

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
faysalbsata
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 sedan

Hi guys,
I'm having these both codes U1000(00) in the IPDM and U1300 in the Multi audio/video control unit. Anyone has ever got them or managed to fix them?
Thank you

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

What isn't working on the car, if anything? U1300 means the AV Unit lost LIN communication with the multifunction switch controller. U1000 is generic, it means the IPDM lost CAN contact with some other unit it's supposed to hear from. You can't tell from the code what unit that is, typically the IPDM talks to nearly everything else in the car. My guess is your AV Unit's comm chip glitched-out. Try erasing the codes, if they stay erased then I wouldn't worry about them.

faysalbsata

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:38 am
What isn't working on the car, if anything? U1300 means the AV Unit lost LIN communication with the multifunction switch controller. U1000 is generic, it means the IPDM lost CAN contact with some other unit it's supposed to hear from. You can't tell from the code what unit that is, typically the IPDM talks to nearly everything else in the car. My guess is your AV Unit's comm chip glitched-out. Try erasing the codes, if they stay erased then I wouldn't worry about them.
Thank you, I have erased the codes, they keep coming back, exactly the same. no other faults.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Are the radio/navi and HVAC controls all working right? The U1300 is for the multi-function switch and indicates there's something wrong in the communication line between the switch and the main AV Unit. That link is a dedicated LIN line and not on the main CAN network.

The chart on LAN-29 through LAN-32 here tells you exactly who talks to who on the CANbus:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FLAN.pdf
You can see that the IPDM doesn't receive anything from the AV Unit, so the U1000 must represent a separate issue. You'll have to go through the signals and see if there's any malfunction in the systems that do talk to the IPDM, and also make sure there isn't a malfunction that occurs only when the car is turned off. The BCM, IPDM and ADP are the only units that remain alive when the car hibernates (ADP is the memory seat controller).

faysalbsata

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:31 am
Are the radio/navi and HVAC controls all working right? The U1300 is for the multi-function switch and indicates there's something wrong in the communication line between the switch and the main AV Unit. That link is a dedicated LIN line and not on the main CAN network.

The chart on LAN-29 through LAN-32 here tells you exactly who talks to who on the CANbus:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FLAN.pdf
You can see that the IPDM doesn't receive anything from the AV Unit, so the U1000 must represent a separate issue. You'll have to go through the signals and see if there's any malfunction in the systems that do talk to the IPDM, and also make sure there isn't a malfunction that occurs only when the car is turned off. The BCM, IPDM and ADP are the only units that remain alive when the car hibernates (ADP is the memory seat controller).
the reason I raised this issue, cause suddenly my fuel consumption increased, and the power decreased. I looked at the service manuals and found out that U1000 could be caused by the transmission not communicating, basically the TCM not talking with the ECM. And that explains the real slow transmission and the lack of power. I think I need a new TCM or maybe a new transmission for that matter...

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If the tranny wasn't communicating then there would be U1000's in all the systems on the chart that have an R for a transmission signal. Since you don't have that, the tranny is talking. Keep in mind that U1000 is a "generic" CAN code, it simply means the unit throwing the code didn't receive a message it was supposed to receive from some other unit for a period of 2 or more seconds. It doesn't tell you which unit, and it's also important to also know whether the code is "current" or "past". Codes that are past can indicate a transient condition that's only occurring at power-on or under certain specific circumstances, and the only way to diagnose those is to catch it "in the act" with a live-streaming scanner.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”