Two ques; Hatch 2012 1.8 L

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Jeanb667
Car: 2012 versa

Hatchbacks :

1) Have 80 K on the car. Runs great and no issues with car.
However in very hot muggy weather is a bit sluggish. What might help ? Mechanic said antifreeze is OK. Premium gasoline??? Below 75 F returns to normal.

2) Looking at the newer 2016 Versa Note ( used). These cars are very sluggish & noisy compared to my 1.8 L.
Think these used cars were not as gently treated as my car or are the newer, smaller 1.6 just a different smaller engine ?

Jeanb667
Car: 2012 versa

:crazy:

Seems between 2012 and 2014 the Versa Hatchback changed.

The engine was designed squattier; meaning the depth was reduced & all the parts were compacted. The battery is now under some parts and hoses so only a mechanic could get at it. Had ( just me that is) a larger "amp" battery in my 2012 & do not think it would even fit in this one. ;)

The extra Amp battery was good for northern New England winters and for stop and go drives.
Car guy told me the engine is designed to fall to the ground in case of accident. ( instead of into the cabin). :chuckle:

catrad01
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8

Dose the 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 have a crankshaft sensor, if so were is it located . getting a p0335 code. replaced the camshaft sensor, still wont start.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”