Two problems on new Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

I have a whole 150 miles on a new 2018 Rogue SV and have two problems already! Would just drive to the service dept except it’s 50 miles from my home. Hopefully someone can steer me n the right direction.

First of all the MIL light came on just after I got home and has been on steady since then. Checked the gas cap and it seems seated well. Any ideas?

Secondly according to Nissan I should be able to connect to my home WiFi within range to do any needed updates when available. Well, that doesn’t seem to work either! All I keep getting is the message “WiFi connection failed”. Home router is secured using WPA2 so that shouldn’t be a problem and the connection according to the car is Strong! I’ve tried connecting to both my 2.4 and 5Ghz channels and get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

1) Go to Autozone to have them get that CEL (MIL) code and reply back to us with that code.

2) I am not familiar with the new HU, but did you turned off & on the wifi in the settings? If you are still getting that message even when doing that, do a factory reset (if this WiFi thing is bothering you).

chunt5
Car: 2018 Rogue SV

You need the MIL code. You can google the code after you get it and that will most likely tell where the problem is.

I was able to connect my Rogue to my home WiFi without any problems. So I don't know what to tell you about that.

Mr.Rogue

Haha same thing happened to me.. my check engine light was because the dealership installed my block heater incorrectly and I also had problems connecting to my home WiFi but I haven't actually really cared too much about that. There's not really anything to update

Lgb0250

Finally got to Autozone. Code #0181 and 0183. Appt w/dealer today. Hopefully a quick fix. Still unable to get home WiFi to connect.

CBF87

As for your WiFi issue, I found that their WiFi WPA2 implementation might just be a tad "custom". Through trial and error I finally figured out that I couldn't use spaces in the password and any password over 25 characters long wouldn't work. I setup a 'guest' network with a 24 character password and was able to connect. Hope that helps.

Lgb0250

Took it in yesterday and it took them 30 minutes. All they did was clear it! Explanation was that it was just an old code that was incorrect. Since the vehicle only had 4 miles on it when I drove it off the lot and the light didn’t come on until the vehicle had about 50 miles on it, I’m a little leery of this explanation! Hopefully they know what they are talking about but at least the problem is on the books so I don’ have to 20 questions with them if I have to take it back again.

After trying a few more times I have just given up on the WiFi. Not worth my time or effort to keep beating my head against the wall.

Lgb0250

Was a good thing I was leery. Light came back on after only two weeks. Took it back in yesterday morning and the same two codes popped up. They had to order a part and told me it won’t be in until Tuesday. Put me in a free rental car until this one is finally (hopefully) fixed. On a side note they put me in an Altima SL that rides like a tank compared to my Rogue!

Lgb0250

Finally got my vehicle back yesterday after a week in the shop! They ended up having to replace the fuel pump! Doesn’t leave me all warm and fuzzy on a vehicle with only a little over 500 miles on it now! Guess I’ll just wait for the other shoe to drop.

Return to “Rogue Forum”