Two little mysteries about my coupe...

All things Altima Coupe.
dynot

I've been able to figure out everything about my new coupe except the following:

1) The Bose system is supposed to have 9 speakers; I count only 7 speaker face-plates. Do the rear face-plates have 2 speakers in each? I don't want to open them up to check. Or are these other 2 somewhere else?

2) There's a little amber diode to the right of the moon-roof button. My sales rep told me that this is the bluetooth mic but I'm not sure about that. Its obviously a light and not a mic. Can anyone confirm what it really is?

Thanks...

hattrix
Car: 2008 Azure Blue 3.5 Altima Coupe

Can't speak to the speakers. I have the same system but have never actually sat and counted. I can count tonight.

As for the light...that is the bluetooth indicator, not the bluetooth mic. The mic is right next to that but the light tells you when the bluetooth is active. Hope that helps. I am sure someone will answer the speaker part by the time I get a chance to.

phakfear
Car: 2008 Grey Altima Coupe 3.5/Prem

Don't know about question 1, don't really care, stereo sounds fine to me. If we are missing something I would be mad thou.

2) In the manual it says its for bluetooth light indicator, and the orange light does come on when my phone is sync with it, and supposedly that is where the mic is also, not sure thou. It works so I try not to think about it.

That is all I got, nothing definitive I guess.

Plastics
Car: 2007 Honda Civic EX, 1999 Dodge Caravan

About the 9 speakers....if you look carefully at the rear deck speakers, you can see the cut out for 2 speakers per cover. Each cover hides a woofer and a seperate speakers and hence the total adds up to nine.

Plastics08 Coupe 3.5 SE Premium Black

hangtime23

regarding that bluetooth indicator light...I've noticed that it doesn't always go on when my phone is synced with it...I have seen it go on at times, but there are definitely other times that I've dialed with my phone, and the indicator light hasn't gone on. Or maybe it's because you can't really see it during the day time???

dynot

hangtime23 wrote:Or maybe it's because you can't really see it during the day time???
Thanks to the replies here I checked this out and noticed the same thing. I pass through a tunnel on my way to work every day and noticed that the light is not on before I enter the tunnel and when I do enter it, the dashboard lights dim a bit and the bluetooth light goes on.

This is because I have my lights set to auto and I wouldn't be surprised if you do too. This behavior is normal as the interior lights are brighter during the daytime so you can see them better in the glare and presumably the bluetooth light is only visible at nightime.

hangtime23

dynot wrote:
Thanks to the replies here I checked this out and noticed the same thing. I pass through a tunnel on my way to work every day and noticed that the light is not on before I enter the tunnel and when I do enter it, the dashboard lights dim a bit and the bluetooth light goes on.

This is because I have my lights set to auto and I wouldn't be surprised if you do too. This behavior is normal as the interior lights are brighter during the daytime so you can see them better in the glare and presumably the bluetooth light is only visible at nightime.
Hmm...so there's no way, during the day, to tell if the bluetooth is connected or not?

guitarmn07
Car: Azure Blue Altima Coupe 3.5SE Charcoal PP

hmm. I know that when the car is on, the blue tooth is always on unless you turn it off via voice command.

hangtime23

yeah...the thing is, I've had some problems with the bluetooth syncing with my phone. Occasionally, I'll have to cycle the power on my phone for the bluetooth to connect again...so it'd be nice to know when I need to do that...

guitarmn07

Sounds like it's the phone. On your phone, can you edit an 'access setting' to enable an automatic connection?

Just my thoughts...

hattrix

I had the same problem and I had to set it to "automatic connection" as dynot said. If you don't have that ability, might be time to start looking for a new phone.

MaximA32

Nissan has a list of phones compatiable with its Bluetooth system. If your phone isn't on that list, you're SOL.

hangtime23

hattrix wrote:I had the same problem and I had to set it to "automatic connection" as dynot said. If you don't have that ability, might be time to start looking for a new phone.
you had the same problem? was it only intermittent?

Cuz for me, most of the time, the phone connects just fine to the bluetooth...it's only rarely that I have to cycle the power on my phone, I'd say, once every 5 or 6 times I get in the car?

and I don't wanna get a new phone...my phone has actually gone up in price since I bought it!

hattrix

Yes, I had the same problem. It was intermittent. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. When I changed the settings, it worked fine. I had a problem for a while with it continuing to search for the bluetooth when I was in the house and so I couldn't hear people talking. I changed the settings again on my phone and it worked fine. From what you are describing, it is definitely your phone. If the changing the settings doesn't work, sorry bud, you are SOL. You can live with it, or get a new one.

hangtime23

Hmm...in your phone, where was the setting to change it to automatic? I'll see if I have something similar in mine...

mcheddadi
Car: R8

I have a question for you guys, could anyone tell me the total power output of the nice speaker bose system in the altima coupe.If you can get detailed specs for each speaker, that would be awesome(eg: 50 watt satellite front, 150watt sub rear)

also, is there really two subs in the back of the car? (I read that somewhere on the nissan site)

and about the location of the speakers, is it like a home theater,2 front, 1 center, 2 middle, 2 rear, 2 subs (9 total)

2nov8
Car: 07 Altima 2.5SL

I think that amber light is just a courtesy light to help you find the sunroof switch or dome lights. I noticed it only comes on when your headlights are on. Also, we don't have the connection package with Bluetooth!

Yeahbeer
Car: 2008 Altima coupe 3.5

No its not your bluetooth inidcator light, if you look witht he light on it actually shines down to the shifter and then up to the 6 disc cd changer. I notice this lights up my changer so you can see it at night and it doesnt dissapear into the darkness. With the speakers there is 3 up front, 2 in the doors, 2 in the rear deck along with 2 sub woofers.

dynot

OK, thanks to everyone for their answers to my OP.

I'm fairly convinced on the 2 "missing" speakers being the subs in the back. Makes sense when you see the two large boxes hanging from the top in the trunk. The size of those enclosures can only be due to subs.

As for the amber light I have my doubts on some of the answers presented. Can't be bluetooth activation because I tried turning my cell phone off and the light still stayed on. One thing I haven't tried is turning off bluetooth in the car itself. I'll try that & post my findings.

Don't think its a courtesy light for your CD changer or shifter as its much too small and weak to light up any area of the interior. I'm sure its an indicator light of some sort. Definitely not a mic; in fact, there are two grill=like openings on either side of the moon-roof controls which probably house the mics.

timmyt0481
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

... and to think I just thought it was mood lighting.

MaximA32

It's the status light indicating that the Bluetooth is active on the bhicle, not that your phone is connected to it.

compyelc4
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5

Fact: The little light has NOTHING to do with Bluetooth. In the dark, when it is lit, just cover the light with your finger and watch the CD changer (or in the case of std. radio, the storage lid) go dark! As was stated, it is a courtesy light plain and simple.

MaximA32

He's talking about the Bluetooth light, not the security light thats on the dash.

prlwhitecoupe
Car: 2008 Pearl White Altima Coupe 2.5 S w/CVT & Premium Pkg.

hhahahah u guys are funny....

THE AMBER LIGHT IS "ILLUMINATED CONSOLE LIGHTING" hence to light up the console like mentioned before. Hasn't anyone seen these in the BMW!?? Same thing!

As for the bluetooth, theres no light indicator for it, just two mics inside the lighting/moonroof console.

And yes 3 speakers up front, 2 front doors, 4 in the rear (Mids + Subs)

MaximA32

prlwhitecoupe wrote:As for the bluetooth, theres no light indicator for it, just two mics inside the lighting/moonroof console.
Ok. I'm done with these shenanigans. I just went out on the lot with my camera and took a picture of the Bluetooth indicator light. I shall post the picture when I get home. So, argue all you want until 1715 EST, and after that, let the pwnage begin.

Nissan5linner32

Hey to reply to your question of the light. I am a sales rep for nissan and it is in fact for you blue tooth. When it is on it means that your Blue tooth is on a ready for use.

guitarmn07

Nissan5linner32 wrote:Hey to reply to your question of the light. I am a sales rep for nissan and it is in fact for you blue tooth. When it is on it means that your Blue tooth is on a ready for use.
I turned off the blue tooth and the light was still on.

prlwhitecoupe
Car: 2008 Pearl White Altima Coupe 2.5 S w/CVT & Premium Pkg.

HAHAHAH dude YOU'RE a sales rep for NISSAN...and you don't even know that THAT light is for "ILLUMINATED CONSOLE LIGHTING!?"....have you ever been inside a BMW!? Come on ppl! How about u guys try this.....turn on ur interior lights..or better yet try using the brightness setting and VOILA!! u will notice that the AMBER light is to give more "PIZAASS" to the interior lighting; it will dim and get brigher as you change the setting...oh and try just putting ur parking lights on and off u will also notice the amber LED going off and on as well. Besides...bluetooth lights are always BLUE not amber or any other color for that matter....

Hope that helps.

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

dynot wrote:I've been able to figure out everything about my new coupe except the following:

1) The Bose system is supposed to have 9 speakers; I count only 7 speaker face-plates. Do the rear face-plates have 2 speakers in each? I don't want to open them up to check. Or are these other 2 somewhere else?

2) There's a little amber diode to the right of the moon-roof button. My sales rep told me that this is the bluetooth mic but I'm not sure about that. Its obviously a light and not a mic. Can anyone confirm what it really is?

Thanks...
Well I dont know where the 9 speakers are, its a question I ask myself alot.But for

2) I am 99.9% positive that little orange light is NOT the bluetooth. Atleast on my car. For me it indicates weither the headlights are on or off. Its actually a pretty cool thing to have this time of the year(In eastern PA) because torwards dusk its too bright to be able to see your lights, yet its a good idea to have them on so other drivers can spot you easily.

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

prlwhitecoupe is correct. The Amber light is a small directed light to illuminate the shifter. It comes on whenever your headlights are on.

However, note that the Bluetooth Mic is right next to it... you will see small slots in which the mic is hidden inside of.

In regards to bluetooth in your vehicle, you need to keep your phone's bluetooth on all the time and have it already synced and setup. This way, if your phone is nearby/inside the vehicle your coupe will automatically sync with it and will state that it is connected. Every single time I get in my car with my phone in my pocket I do absolutely nothing to sync it.. I simply leave the phone in my pocket, press the brake pedal and the push button start, and my phone will automatically connect to the vehicle.

I love my bluetooth.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”