Two little mysteries about my coupe...

All things Altima Coupe.
JLAUDIO85
Car: 08 Black Altima Coupe 2.5SL CVT.

wait................thought our bose system doenst have 'subs'.........am i deaf uz base is so low..........

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

JLAUDIO85 wrote:wait................thought our bose system doenst have 'subs'.........am i deaf uz base is so low..........
The 9 speaker bose system has two subs.

As a sidenote, my bass is cranked all the way up to maximum, and my treble is down one notch from the middle. The other two settings are midpoint. This seems to be the absolute best sound for the 9 speaker bose system so you can reap the most bass thumping from it.

It's still not enough for me so I am getting quotes to get a 12" sub + amp installed in the spare tire area. My thoughts are, get the sub installed to handle the bass and then lower the bass on the bose speakers and tweak them to handle the highs/mids. At that point I wouldn't be worried about not having enough power from my sub, but moreso if the bose speakers could produce the highs/mids at the db I want.

maxentropy

mcheddadi wrote:I have a question for you guys, could anyone tell me the total power output of the nice speaker bose system in the altima coupe.
All I could find was: Bose audio system, 264W, 9 speakers

notaverage
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE w/ tech pkg and VDC. Precision Grey

Good find, BTW, I'm getting a 10" Kicker sub installed this friday. So excited for the bass!

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

Yeah that amber light is a courtesy light for you shifter.
JLAUDIO85 wrote:wait................thought our bose system doenst have 'subs'.........am i deaf uz base is so low..........
really I have the bose system, with my iphone set to 3/4to full volume and the bose volume to 12-14 and the bass at +5 people have told me they can hear my music on before I pull into work, and can hear my music from inside their house when I pull up. I would say my music is not even that loud.

maxentropy

@ spockrock --

I agree, if you turn the bass up you get a decent bump from the 9 speaker bose system. However, I used to have dual 10" Audiobahns in my old vehicle so I miss really feeling my music.

Anyone have experience with the Eclipse Subwoofer line or the Kicker line of Amplifiers? That's what I'm looking into. Perhaps a new thread in the Audio/Video Forum is in order.

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

maxentropy wrote:@ spockrock --

I agree, if you turn the bass up you get a decent bump from the 9 speaker bose system. However, I used to have dual 10" Audiobahns in my old vehicle so I miss really feeling my music.

Anyone have experience with the Eclipse Subwoofer line or the Kicker line of Amplifiers? That's what I'm looking into. Perhaps a new thread in the Audio/Video Forum is in order.
Yeah I have never had a crazy audio system in my car..... but I can see a setup one installs themselves would be a better option.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Yea the orange light is absolutely a courtesy light. Like prlwhitecoupe said earlier BMW has had it for many many years. Actually I just had a BMW 330i before I got this. The light was in the exact same location and the same color. Illuminates the center console area with a dim light so that you see all the buttons and accessories that don't have their own background lighting

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

yea, I guess my 99.9 percent certainty of the light simply letting you know the headlights are on was wrong . Although it only comes on when the headlights are on. I just noticed the other day that it sheds just a little bit of light on the shifter and cd changer. Pretty cool if you ask me!

leeroy300
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT , niagra gray

sorry didn't read all the responses but as for the light ...... in my Maxima (04 ) and my accord cpe ( 03 ) that light was just for ambience and to illuminate the gear shifter ( according to the manual in both of the other cars ) hope I didn't repeat someone and hope this clears things up

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”