Two Lease questions - Gas and OEM

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
styrsky

Happy to be in my 08 EX. Leased via Infiniti Financing.

Two Questions:1) Does the lease require me to put Premium in the car? Where in the lease?2) If the car were to be in an accident, are OEM parts ok as far as the lease is concerned? Or do they have to be manufacturers original parts? This would affect my insurance.

Thanks for the help!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to the best EX forum on the planet!!
styrsky wrote:Happy to be in my 08 EX. Leased via Infiniti Financing.

Two Questions:
Well, I'm from Canada and don't lease my EX, but have dealt with leases before, so ...
styrsky wrote:1) Does the lease require me to put Premium in the car? Where in the lease?
I don't see how this could, especially when the Owner's Manual says that Premium is "recommended", not "required".
styrsky wrote:2) If the car were to be in an accident, are OEM parts ok as far as the lease is concerned? Or do they have to be manufacturers original parts? This would affect my insurance.
Unless these OEM parts are grossly inadequate, I doubt if the dealer would even notice when you return your car at end-of-lease. Besides, if the parts were that bad, you'd be insisting yourself that the repair shop make things right before paying, wouldn't you?!?

Just my $0.02 ...

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”