Two birds, one stone; Benghazi

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

This one isn't going away folks, as much as two of my favorite people wishes it would.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ept-quiet/
More than seven months after the attack Sept. 11, 2012, on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the Obama administration continues to defend itself against allegations from House Republicans that the administration has not fully cooperated with Congress on the investigation into the attack.

On Tuesday, both President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry addressed claims being made by House Oversight and Foreign Affairs Committee leaders that the administration is impeding the Congressional testimony of State Department and CIA employees who survived the attack.
That albatross getting heavy big guy? Guess what, it's going to keep dragging you down.

I hear folks talking about Hillary in 16' and before this i would have agreed, but if she thinks this debacle won't hurt her in the general, she's ****in stupid. I don't think it would come out in the Democratic primaries, but you can be damned sure the GOP will give this sound byte heavy rotation over a montage of the people killed in this attack and while it's low class, it's true; I can't begrudge the tactic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny3bOmey-BE[/youtube]

You really want to find out what happened Obama administration? Quit suppressing it. You do know what happened, though, don't you? That's the only reason you would try to keep the lid on the box. It's not going to work forever. Keep trying, though; it's fun to watch. When it's all said and done, after his impeachment, Obama can do antiperspirant ads.

Just lied to the American people, don't let them see you sweat!

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I suspect this scandal will eventually fade away the same way the Iran-Contra scandal did for Ronald Reagan & his administration. Obama's opposition obviously won't let this be go away quickly, and with 24/7 news entities hyping it nonstop it'll take longer to fade than Iran-Contra, but I highly doubt it'll result in an impeachment.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Open and transparent.

themadscientist

Like a pair of footie pajamas.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

its amazing how the majority of the news media's are failing to report this, for what it is. only a handful of news outlets, and mostly conservative ones; are reporting 'play-by-play' updates. the rest cared more about the Cleavland case, jody, and nj governors lap-band surgery.

-can you imagine if sara palin said: "what difference does it make" as hillary did?? the left would be all over her.

themadscientist

It's a Democrat under fire. You were surprised? If it was a Republican, FOX would be notoriously silent and CNN and MSNBC all over it like John Edwards on a female staffer.

mattblancarte
Car: 2005 BMW M3 Comp. Coupe

Let's all pretend like this isn't how every single previous administration would handle it.

I can think of another major investigation in the last 15 years that was stonewalled... I'll let you guess which one I'm talking about. And, it was primarily perpetrated by a Republican administration. :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

mattblancarte wrote:Let's all pretend like this isn't how every single previous administration would handle it.

I can think of another major investigation in the last 15 years that was stonewalled... I'll let you guess which one I'm talking about. And, it was primarily perpetrated by a Republican administration. :)
the left is still taking punches as bush, for sitting an extra 6/7 minutes and continuing to read to the students when 9/11 began. WHERE WAS OBAMA DURING THIS WHOLE EVENT? WHY DIDNT OBAMA DO ANYTHING?

mattblancarte

No offense, but I think you may want to thoroughly review this forum's guidelines. welcome-to-the-politics-forum-rules-rea ... 20940.html Specifically, note the guidelines on constructing strawmen.

There is no possible way that you could have thought I was referring to Bush's short time spent in classroom during the 9/11 attacks.

I was referring to the Bush administration's stonewall of effective 9/11 investigation, which I find to be much more egregious.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate you refraining from knee-jerk reactions when the Bush administration is used for historical perspective on an issue.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

mattblancarte wrote:No offense, but I think you may want to thoroughly review this forum's guidelines. welcome-to-the-politics-forum-rules-rea ... 20940.html Specifically, note the guidelines on constructing strawmen.

There is no possible way that you could have thought I was referring to Bush's short time spent in classroom during the 9/11 attacks.

I was referring to the Bush administration's stonewall of effective 9/11 investigation, which I find to be much more egregious.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate you refraining from knee-jerk reactions when the Bush administration is used for historical perspective on an issue.
i honestly had no idea what nor who(which president) you were talking about. so idk why you are getting your panties in a bunch lol :gapteeth:

mattblancarte

Ah, okay. No worries. I just have a pretty low tolerance for the "Bush never happened" and "Dems only blame Bush" arguments. That horse has been beaten to a pulp so much that you'd have to use DNA testing to identify it. :D

themadscientist

Bush? Panties? What? I'd rather talk about politics. :confused:

mattblancarte

I... uh... :inout:

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

themadscientist wrote:Bush? Panties? What? I'd rather talk about politics. :confused:

:rotflmao

Return to “Politics Etc.”