twist buttons that hold on the soft top?

Fairlady, Datsun Sports, Roadsters... whatever you want to call them, this is the place to discuss the Datsun SPL311 and SRL311!
ArtDent
Car: Datsun2000

I have recently bought a 2000. It's in pretty good shape except for the top. Among other problems, all the little metal caps that twist 180 degrees to hold the top on are either broken or gone altogether. Does anyone know a ready source for these. I think they are threaded with a nut, and not a screw-type base? In any case, from anyone who has replaced their top, I'd appreciate any wisdom about replacing these fasteners and in general, installing a new top. Can you readily get to each of these twist fittings to replace them, or is major effort required to do so? Finally, any suggestions for a good place to buy a quality top?

Thanks!

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

I believe that you mean 90degree lock, not 180 degree lock. If you rotated 190 degrees you would wind up in the same unlocked position! If 90 degrees, you have the ubiquous "Dzuss Fastener" which is readily available from aviation supply and probably boating supply sources. McMasterCarr would also be a good source! They have the most amazing fasteners I have ever seen and bought! Alternate source is JCWhitnet,com. They almost always have percent off and free shipment offers. Hint, buy something cheap the first time. You will surely get an exorbitant dollars off offer within 5 days, then buy the expensive part that you were really after!

Return to “Datsun Roadster”