Twin Turbo Charger Kit?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
jaay.96
Car: 04 Nissan 350Z Base Model

Hi there, I am a fairly new owner of my 04 Base model Nissan 350z and ready to make some changes.

I have been eyeballing T3/T4 Twin Turbo Charger Kit For 350Z Nismo V6 on ebay. If I go with this kit, what else would I need to purchase? An intercooler? Fuel system? Manifold + downpipe? ECU tuning? Fuel injectors? etc etc.

Please keep in mind that I have a budget of $3,000.00 on this plan alone. Your comments/support/feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

I'm moving this to the 350Z section, it will get more looks and responses there.
jaay.96 wrote:I have been eyeballing T3/T4 Twin Turbo Charger Kit For 350Z Nismo V6 on ebay. If I go with this kit, what else would I need to purchase?
An engine rebuild, after you grenade your engine.
jaay.96 wrote:Please keep in mind that I have a budget of $3,000.00 on this plan alone. Your comments/support/feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you!

That's not enough for a build that has either quality or reliability as its selling point. My best advice to you is to save your pennies, do some research and buy a quality setup. At this point in time if you really want to spend some money and improve your Z the best place to spend that money* is on tires, brakes and suspension. Since you have a base model Z with an open differential you should think about adding a limited slip to that list as well. Be concerned about being able to control your car and stop your car before you are concerned about making your car fast.

*This is provided that your Z doesn't have any issues to begin with, because if it does you need to spend that money making things right before you start worrying about improving what's already there.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Don't buy a no name ebay turbo kit. If you buy a real "kit" from a real manufacturer it will include everything you need, although there are sometimes options depending on power goals. Often used kits can be had a half their new cost when someone totals a car or sells it as it has little to no effect on resale value.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”