Twin Turbo a ca18det?

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
w00t_Masta

Does anyone know of anybody who has done this? How much extra would it cost, say for the xtra turbo/piping? Would u need lots of costum work to do it? And any idea on the hp output if everything else was mildly built?

JDM_1990_S13

i was kinda thinking about it, i have a CA18DET and a CA18DE, both RWD and i also have a couple turbos hanging around and i thought of doing it, especially that my car is right hand drive and i have the room to do it. BUT WHY???? ok im my case, i have two T25's and a T28, i was thinking of a twin T25 Set up that runs parallel, cylinders 1+4 will push one and cylinder 2+3 will push the other... but the extra plumbing and welding manifold for what? then i thought of running the T25 and T28 in a sequential set up, but then again why?

i think i'll just go with a T3/T4 and that can flow as much air as two T25's and call that George. less piping, less heat, less welding, less trouble removing things... more HP..

BenTaylor200

A guy in the UK did this ages back but was never happy with the results. The setup just never seemed to give the kind of power he hoped for...

manifold and turbos

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

thats alot of extra exhaust wheel to push

casper13

The question in that would be why? It would be more inefficiant to have a setup like that compared to a singe turbo for a 4 cylinder. There just isnt enough exhaust produed to warrant a twin setup for any 4 cylinder. But hey if you want to do it then have at it, Best of luck. Oh by the way im new here. :)

RykrosGT

I know this topic is old, but I thought I'd throw the idea in anyhow =)

Sequential setup for the CA18

just an idea

kilipo4
Car: scuba diving, hunting, cars, women, drunkenness

RykrosGT wrote:I know this topic is old, but I thought I'd throw the idea in anyhow =)

Sequential setup for the CA18

just an idea

It's already been mentioned in this thread but go ahead and suggest it anyhow :)

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I've seen twin T25's on an SR, it spooled later than my massive turbo. I Don't recomend it to anybody, too much pluming, too much cost, too much lag, not enough power.

one turbo is more effecient than two, even if it's bigger it will lag less.

PaulOrlando, FL

RykrosGT

I apologize for missing it =)

kilipo4
Car: scuba diving, hunting, cars, women, drunkenness

RykrosGT wrote:I apologize for missing it =)

I'll consider forgiving you. :pface Not that forgiveness from me really means jack.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”